Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you REALLY think you are top of the table material??

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Fair enough but I would have to disagree. The clubs listed are all huge clubs and I doubt any sensible manager with ambition would think twice. But if he did turn down such a job then fair play, you don't see much loyalty in football today. I remember thinking the same when Martinez stayed at Wigan instead of joining Villa but I also thought (and still do) he was mad to turn down such a great opportunity.

I kind of agree, but I do think Brighton are a better prospect than Wigan. Villa are a funny beast, the fans want more than
the board are willing to offer, so the manager is always on a loser. If Villa came in for Poyet I wouldn't blame him for taking
his chance, if he went to Wigan or Blackburn I'd think he'd lost his marbles

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Honestly, no i think he would not go, he will want to finish the job he has started here. Gus has openly said, he will stay until he feels the club cant improve anymore.
With the backing of Tony Bloom, the club has every chance of improving year after year...

I think you are wrong. Hes not going anywhere this season, and he wouldn't go to Forest or Leeds but any of the rest on that list and he'd go if we don't get promoted this season, and so what if he does? We have enough resources and are well set enough now to get an ample replacement to finish the job.

Gullysgirl

Sep 16, 2011
Lancing
OK, so you call us Bandits (yawn think of something new), you try (and fail miserably) to take the glory off being top of the league - please do remind me exactly where are your team right now? Yet what really fascinates me is the fact that so many of you come onto North Stand Chat so regularly, are you that sad and lonely that your days and nights are so empty that you have to 'troll' our chat boards???

Oh and we are top of the league cause we are f**king brilliant - I'm in no doubt there is more to come, look forward to seeing you (being beaten) on 27th

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
I kind of agree, but I do think Brighton are a better prospect than Wigan. Villa are a funny beast, the fans want more than
the board are willing to offer, so the manager is always on a loser. If Villa came in for Poyet I wouldn't blame him for taking

Agreed

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
So you don't agree with me then, that all the PLASTICS will f*** off and leave you with a half full Wonky Warehouse?

You are 'Old Git', but presumably too old to remember what we have been through. The opening of Amex was day Zero. There is no reason why we can't attract and keep new and old fans. Every club has had to do so at some point in their existence.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Hi Bandits. I am personally loving it that you are top and doing so well. Of course, there is an ulterior motive, but I think it's great!
Not knowing much about the lower league's, were you really that good in Div 3 that you thought you would come up and top the table come early September in with the big boys? Oh....maybe that was an unfortunate turn of phrase but there you go. Don't get too excited will you?!
But yet you are doing so well. I can't knock that, but oh how I hope you stay unbeaten (at home) until 27th. After 35+ years of Palace support, it will rank alongside our finest moments if we could get the result and be the first to beat you at your identikit 'stadium'.
I am obviously old enough to remember the tasty encounters we used to have, particularly in the park outside the Gallstone but we all grow up. That doesn't interest me any more. Indeed I am taking my 13 year old to his first Scum away match. I am sure it will be an occasion to remember.
Up the Palace!

Reference your original post - do you honestly think that your sad CP lot are anything other than bottom of the table material - relegation awaits, it has been looming for seasons now !

SE25

Banned
Feb 19, 2005
Oh South London...
Reference your original post - do you honestly think that your sad CP lot are anything other than bottom of the table material - relegation awaits, it has been looming for seasons now !

Relegation awaits? Far from it, I would say, based on our performances so far this season! :thumbsup:

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011

Care to put a wager on us going down? £200.00 for REMF. We go down, I pay up, we stay up, you pay up.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
Most would agree the top 6 are:

Man U
Liverpool
Chelsea
Arsenal
Man City
Spurs

You honestly think, if one of these following clubs came in for Gus he wouldn't leave?!

Villa
Newcastle
Everton
Sunderland
Wolves
Celtic
Rangers
Leeds
West Ham
Forest

And that's without mentioning some big clubs from Spain, Italy and Germany or his native South America

did you mention germany... there is nothing out here that could interest Gus

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I'm man enough to say no as it is too risky, you're doing very well. But to say we are relegation fodder is BS
Respect for the honest answer..........Aah....cluck cluck ..cluck.... not saying your relegation fodder but you will finish below us...is there any Palace fan who will take the bet?

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Man enough? You mean give it the billy big balls then when someone pulls any of you lot up you shit it.... sounds very familiar.

I've rarely given it the Billy big balls, my main beef with you is over your over-confidence after just a few games, it comes across as arrogant and pretty deluded. I think we will both finish around top 10, you could easily finish above us by a place or two, us like wise. Looking at the 2 squads, there's area's where I'm envious of your players but I'm sure you would like players such as Speroni, Clyne, Ambrose, Zaha, Murrray, Scannell.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I know a palace fan who has been gloating since May about how we would struggle in the championship. He can't admit we are doing better than he predicted and this week he told me with a straight face that the championship seems to be weaker this year. We are only top because Birmingham and west Ham have sold more players than he thought they would! Oh and a lot of teams are in financial difficulty this year too is another reason why we are top at the moment.

se3eagle

Banned
Aug 30, 2011

Think Poyet has bigger ambition than that, I would say Chelsea yeah your all gonna sya SHUT UP YOU MUG but he has respect from players and alike already and justifyidly (spellings shite get off my back teachers) Chelsea that maybe pushing it ...or for a start WBA I dunno I am not him but there is one thing for sure he will go eventually....your lucky to have him and im not disrespecting Dougie by saying that coz were lucky to have him too.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Am I missing something?

Is the Palace forum broken?

You guys spend a lot if time on here.

Perhaps you are in the closet?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here