Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do you know who we're playing next?

Do you know who we're playing next?

• Course I do mate - call yourself a fan?

Votes: 86 68.8%
  • No, who is it?

Votes: 39 31.2%

• Total voters

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I know by virtue of seeing the Score Predictor thread.

Wouldn't have known otherwise.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I know the next two games, because I looked them up a few weeks ago. However I have no idea what time and what day either are on, although my phone will tell me at some point.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yes.. or I thought so but this thread is making me confused.

Nine games in six weeks and no more national team bullshit until March, in a way it feels like the season is just about to start "for real". So tired of all these breaks.

Yup, same every year, season only really gets going around this time, then the games come thick n fast. Though having said that, didn't they manage to shoehorn in a winter break last time in order to further disrupt the season? Or did I just imagine it?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I did know, but like so many things these days, I had to think about it.

Just like 'What day is it ?', 'Why did I come upstairs ?', 'Do I need the toilet ?', 'Why didn't I think about that earlier ?' :down:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Normally I’m not a supporter of man marking but I think with grealish because of his exceptional ability to run at players , get past them and lay off a killer pass & the way most of villas attacks go through him , it would be prudent to consider that . Man marking him the whole game if done well , would substantially improve our chances of getting a positive result in my humble opinion.

What do people think ?

It will give him more opportunities to fall over. He’s worse than our pantomime villain in Croydon.

Back to the topic, I only realised when it was announced that it’s on BT, not that it matters when I haven’t got BT.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Unusually, I do know the next two fixtures.

I had no idea England were playing yesterday.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Sort of. Know this weeks team but not the day or time. No idea of the following game, have TV made up their mind yet?
The days of planning trips weeks ahead have long gone. Threads of 'xxxx tickets on sale today' or 'What chance getting my son a ticket at......' disappeared 9 months ago. Sitting at the laptop at 8:50 to buy tickets so as to avoid the pillar at Everton or upper tier at West Ham, getting up at 4:00 am because Sky think a 12:30 KO in Liverpool is a good idea, getting home at 2:00 am because the M25 was shut (along with the M40 & M6).
It's going to take a lot to get my mojo working again.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Normally I’m not a supporter of man marking but I think with grealish because of his exceptional ability to run at players , get past them and lay off a killer pass & the way most of villas attacks go through him , it would be prudent to consider that . Man marking him the whole game if done well , would substantially improve our chances of getting a positive result in my humble opinion.

What do people think ?

In Fozzies day, Grealish would have mysteriously limped off after 10mins.
Not that I like that sort of tactic of course.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It is getting to the stage of not really caring anymore. After 9 months without seeing a match it is all becoming irrelevant now. What is the actual point of playing these games when no one can go and see them anymore. This is the real issue and the longer it goes on many people and also in time the players will think, " why are we doing this ? " The whole point of it is a shared experience for all. 2020/2021 is already written off. We will see 2021/2022 with a full capacity ? People will have got used to not going and a lot will be in fear of going

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

What do people think ?

Back in January it looked like Propper was given a job to do re Grealish. Propper was constantly looking around for Grealish, not looking at where our players were going.

This carried on until Connolly came off for Montoya (68mins) and the set up changed. Alzate moved into midfield, Propper stopped looking at Grealish and started looking at where are players were. 5 minutes later Grealish scored.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It is getting to the stage of not really caring anymore. After 9 months without seeing a match it is all becoming irrelevant now. What is the actual point of playing these games when no one can go and see them anymore. This is the real issue and the longer it goes on many people and also in time the players will think, " why are we doing this ? " The whole point of it is a shared experience for all. 2020/2021 is already written off. We will see 2021/2022 with a full capacity ? People will have got used to not going and a lot will be in fear of going

The trouble is it's not really supporting is it ? It's getting more and more like watching just another Premier League game on TV.

I used to get really stressed watching an Albion away game on TV or a dodgy stream, because I knew that I would be suffering with the rest of the fans, and more importantly, the players at the Amex within a few days. Really appreciating the passion, effort and skill that you can only see at a game and no amount of slow motion replays can ever reproduce.

I do worry at the number of the people who may get out of the habit and only hope this can be offset by the excitement of going again. I'm hoping it could be like that first Amex game against Donny all over again. We waited a long time for that too :albion2:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I don't think making fun of sort term memory loss and early signs of dementia are funny.

Man, go read your post history. Recently you are 50% generally misantropic and 50% just straight up rude with no reason. Times are rough and few are on top, I know, but its like you are actively trying to be a ****.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
s-ef8854d5fde9c54507d245906145be28e0b3649e.webp

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here