Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Disincentive to leave too soon for the big moneys

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Watching Bissouma today....kept on for the 90 minutes (manager needs to be certain - Son et al., subbed off early doors. Kane not even there)....looked lost and ignored....acres of space and his team mates didn't pass to him....did some nice bits and bobs, but when robbed, ironically it was followed by a Spuds goal....little boy ignored face in the goal celebration huddles...

And Cuco looking like he's auditioning for the bench . . . .

Tross was good recently in his second Arse game, but he's never been able to maintain a level....

And Maupay is going daaaaaahn!

Put a few years in at the Albion. Win a trophy. Get capped for your country....

Win a world cup, even.

Don't be a tit when you have played 20 odd games for us, 5 of them excellent, and imagine the future is made. One good contract, bench time, some cup run outs....and then it will be off to Hull, or a French 'Ligue suprême' side, and some Europa League qualifier glory.

You became brilliant because you were at a brilliant club. Lallana knows this. Dunk knows this.

And.....exhale.
This is why your my 74th favourite poster on NSC.

nailed it as usual my friend

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Lot's of talk of an improved bid this morning. Worth up to 70 million.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But what player would ever use that criteria, especially when they have the chance to join a big city high profile club into the bargain?
The retired ones who turned to gambling or other distractions to mask their discontentment.

I'm glad we have Lallana to mentor our younger players to give them sage advice. whether they listen or not is another matter.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
It was sad yesterday seeing Biss looking a bit lost at times, other than a few decent touches.

Just seems half the player he was since he left. Lessons to be learn't here for Caicedo methinks.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
The exception. There always has to be one. And indeed, so.....he left without rancour or rigmarole. A standard transfer.

And anyway, we only had him on loan from Leeds. I am one of the few who saw him play for us in the flesh. Most of our supporters barely know who he was. His career path has been a good path.

He may even play regularly for England, one day.
Dan Burn is another exception. But again no rancour or rigmarole.

I do agree with your main point. It’s very easy for a footballer to join a team that really doesn’t suit their strengths and it really set their career back.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens with Bissouma over the next few years, will he leave Spurs, will Conte leave Spurs and he’ll shine / fail under a new manager?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The odd thing, perhaps, is I wasn't thinking 'I wonder what Moises is thinking now?' as I drove home. It only occurred to me when listening to discussion about a Sheffield United player who is not even on the bench today....

That was better from Liverpool, and they did try to press higher, but it seemed half hearted and ineffectual. Was that because we are decent or that Liverpool are mediocre? I am very happy with things and I hope those who are distressed about losing players can take some comfort . . . . Welcome to the new era, somewhere over the radar.

BiffyBoy100

Apr 20, 2020
Watching Bissouma today....kept on for the 90 minutes (manager needs to be certain - Son et al., subbed off early doors. Kane not even there)....looked lost and ignored....acres of space and his team mates didn't pass to him....did some nice bits and bobs, but when robbed, ironically it was followed by a Spuds goal....little boy ignored face in the goal celebration huddles...

And Cuco looking like he's auditioning for the bench . . . .

Tross was good recently in his second Arse game, but he's never been able to maintain a level....

And Maupay is going daaaaaahn!

Put a few years in at the Albion. Win a trophy. Get capped for your country....

Win a world cup, even.

Don't be a tit when you have played 20 odd games for us, 5 of them excellent, and imagine the future is made. One good contract, bench time, some cup run outs....and then it will be off to Hull, or a French 'Ligue suprême' side, and some Europa League qualifier glory.

You became brilliant because you were at a brilliant club. Lallana knows this. Dunk knows this.

And.....exhale.

I like the sentiment of your post, and I hate the vulture agents pushing these moves. I'd also love to be your loyal homegrown player that stays put (but even our Mr loyal Dunk has been linked to moves in the past)

Like people that make careers move, these are (elite & overpaid) humans with a short careers. I imagine the salary increases/contracts mitigated any risk of playing at a lower level in the future.

Also, aside from Maupay (who wasn't good enough for us), I think all the others will continue to play at least a top-level (higher or similar to us) for the foreseeable future.

I have no alliance with Ben White (who I don't personally relate to being Brighton), but I think we're being unfair. We got a good fee, and he's been one of Arsenal's stand-out performers over the past few years.

I wish we had more loyalty, but unfortunately, this is modern-day football.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We could do with some of our ex stars putting in performances or we might get a reputation of owning duds that nobody wants to buy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here