Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Dieppe Anniversary

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
The lesson learnt was to go onto a sandy beach not a stoney beach .
My late Dad's mate was one of the commando's that went onto the beaches months beforehand taking samples and bringing back the odd prisoner.
They also went through Paris blowing all the safes to get the money out before it was liberated.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
….and buying flick knives and bangers purely because “we could”.

I had an interesting drunken ferry trip back to Newhaven aged 16, the summer whilst waiting for O’level results. With a mate, we’d railed around the whole of France for weeks.

Skint, on either the Senlac/Villandry/Villancey, we were lifting bottles of beer over the bar when the steward looked away. Got smashed with strangers.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
A late friend of mine who was in one of the Guards regiments during the war and based locally told me that a lot of back up troop movements took place while the Raid was going on. He was convinced that it was a failed invasion and the cover up was the story that it was just a rehearsal for the real thing. He also made the point that at that time, Stalin was pressing for an invasion by the Western Allies. I think it was possible but not probable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here