Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight Appreciation Thread

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Jesus Christ!! Can this pro/anti Dick Knight debate please wait until we know where the money for Bobby goes?? If it goes straight back in the team, and we get some quality players, and push for promotion, then I expect a lot of apologies. Let's see what happens.

PS: I'm in the pro Knight camp for what it's worth - nothing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
DK is doing the best we could expect given the constraints he has been forced to work with.

2 Championships and back to Brighton sounds good to me.

There is nobody that could have done any better, otherwise they would have made themselves known to us by now.

Not perfect but who is:clap:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
dave the gaffer said:
Papa

Football is all about emotion and the reaction on here are an outpouring of those emotions. If we all toe'd the party line then what a dull place this world would be.

Critisism due where warranted. I will reserve any until we know at 2 o/clock what the deal actually is. If it is £1.5 with no add ons then I will let go if its better, then great.

No-one can question Dick's comittment to the club or his impact on bringing us home and trying to get Falmer.

PS Good news about Claire!!!

Dave

I agree that if it transpires that the entire deal for Zamora is a straight £1.5M including Brizz Rovers slice and with no additions (sell on, games played etc) I will also be mightily peed off.

That aside, I still have faith in DK, and I know that he has the best interests of the club at heart. It is a shame that he's not as rich as our Russian mafia drugs baron friend at Cheslsea, but that's life.

Papa

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
I'm all for DK. Still believe we are in an unbelievable position compared to the Hereford days a few years back - who the hell could honestly foresee what has happened since then?

I am fully behind Knight (in the non-gay way). I wish he had some more cash to splash but even if some rich lad puts a whole lot of money into the club, I would still want an ardent Albion fan (and good businessman) like DK to look after it.

I reckon, with the club's financial situation, DK has made one mistake in the past few years and that was the appointment of Hinshelwood - other than that, he's been a legend.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
As "Gritt23" I attempt to remind us all of exactly where we have come from and how low things can get. Have we forgotten how bad things looked when Steve took over??

The board were trying to sell the club down the river and put us out of business. The ground was sold, and we had nowhere to play. The League were saying no ground in Sussex was up to standard, and we weren't allowed to play out of Sussex.

The final position of 23rd under Steve Gritts guidance was the absolute height of our expectation, and hopes.

That's things when they are bad, NOT when we have just sold a striker for £2m !! Do we REALLY think things are bad now??? Come off it.

DK has turned us from the edge of extinction to a position of pride and respect, with a star striker that people are prepared to pay millions for. When DK arrived we were buying players for £2k and a set of tracksuits.

DK has saved us, no doubt, and the fact we think today is a disaster just shows how far we have come.

Cheers Dick, you are a star.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Someone will say "yeah yeah heard that before", yes you have, but that doesn't explain why you are so quick to forget it.

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
What is it with everyone's short term memory? If somebody had said after the Hereford game that we would have acheived what we have done in the last couple of years and would be playing back in Brighton, we ALL would of taken it. We also have had the joy of watching some class players against some good oppostion. Knight has done wonders. Why don't we bring back Archer and his mob and go the way Oldham are going. Get a grip.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Dick Knight has my full support. He is the right man to lead our club to Falmer.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Turkey said:
Dick Knight has my full support. He is the right man to lead our club to Falmer.

too f***ing right mate, and when he's done that, that'll be one hell of a cv he'll have

dick knight's barmy army!:bowdown: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
Dick Knight's Barmy Army!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

It's true we wouldn't be here without Zamora, but we may not be anywhere without Dick.

The man is a legend!:bowdown:

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Dick Knight has done so much for this club. Knight has my support too.

ojalbion

Jul 7, 2003
i wonder who came up with the 100k to buy BZ in the first place?

if DK hadnt been chairman its likely we wouldnt have got close to signing him

ojalbion

Jul 7, 2003
he is the man with the plan, no question

we have to give the guys who have helped this club survive a break

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
He's only made one mistake - putting Hinshelwood in charge, but we've got Coppell now and Dick's doing his best to hang on to him

Coppell's had a chance to work out who he wants and how much it's going to cost.

Selling Zamora now means that Steve can swoop for the players he thinks will do the job.

And Ben Roberts isn't a bad start is it?

Come on Dick. Stick with him Albion fans.

:cool:

Donny Osmond

Jul 6, 2003
Never met the bloke but all I know is he is doing a top job for the club I love.
What did we have when he first came along.
No ground,
No money,
Shit division 3 squad.

What have we got now.
Temporary ground BUT IN BRIGHTON,
1 million pounds possibly to invest,
Decent division 2 team which was unlucky to be relegated, genuine hope and ambition.

What will we have. Falmer. A stadium the club/city/fans deserve.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here