Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Derek Draper

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
From what I've seen she's been an absolute trooper through all this and stuck by his side.
I can imagine she's exhausted and of course devastated.
R.I.P. to him but I hope she now can get on with the rest of her life.

I know there are many non news people in the same situation who stick by their partners but the thread's about these two.
I have nothing but admiration for anyone who sticks with their partner through their long term illness.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Extremely sad news.
Derek’s awful reaction to Covid has been an absolute tragedy for the whole family. I am full of admiration for the way that Kate has handled it and the way she carried on working in the public eye throughout his illness.
RIP Derek.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
So very sad. Was always rather jealous of him pulling a cracker like KG, batting a bit higher up the order than he should have been. But obviously a fine man to get where he did, and to earn her unwavering loyalty. RIP can sometimes feel a little glib, but for him I hope he really does rest in peace. Condolences to Kate.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
R.I.P Derek.

On the plus side, Garraway is back on the market. Every cloud...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Quite a character. And a lesson for those who consider long Covid nothing more than a cold and hysteria.

Apologies if there is already a thread (I can't see one - maybe someone I have on ignore has started one, which would explain it as I won't see it). If so, as soon as the usual suspect let's me know I'll delete this, as this is the most Important Thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here