Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Dementia sadly claims another.....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Lost the old man to Lewey Body four years ago. Absolute bastard of an illness. Sometimes if you don’t laugh, you cry. Found myself having to convince him the van that pulled up outside the house wasn’t the train to London.
There are moments of laughter. My mother in law, thought my husband was her brother. He played along with it.
She was convinced her daughter worked for Marks & Spencer’s mending broken biscuits.
She’s actually a nursery nurse.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I hate dementia so much after what it did to us. Even all these years later I have moments where I just want to lash out in the most violent manner because of it. But I have nothing to lash out at. It has taken so many good folk. There is no justice.

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
My wife's father was a merchant navy captain,my wife remarked "he could sail a ship around the world by the stars now he can't find his way to the toilet"

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
sad to say my old Dad has been with this for around 2 years, it’s not diagnosed and he wont get it diagnosed either. He’s just so very confused.

Now Mum showing signs as well.

They’re just amazing, up until a few weeks back they were living independently at the ages of 93 and 92. After one too many falls us kids have managed to get them into an assisted living apartment. It’s lovely and although not the total solution is a good way they can be together for a bit longer.

Dad thinks I’m his brother most of the time. He thinks my wife (43 years standing) is my new girlfriend.

if you tell him something 10 minutes ago he can’t remember being told but ask him anything about his National Service days in the RAF he can tell you just about anything.

Hate to see them start slipping away …

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here