Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deleting a YouTube channel without ….

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
Password, e-mail address or phone number used to set it up. My then 10 year old son set up a YouTube channel and is now getting bullied at school about the content (just kids stuff). I’ve tried everything , even sent a letter to YouTube. Does anybody know a real tech wizard that could help ? It would be a great weight off my families shoulders.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Maybe not the ultimate solution you want, but would a quick fix be simply setting all the videos on the channel to private?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Does this not work for you?

Delete your YouTube channel:
  1. Sign in to YouTube Studio.
  2. From the left sidebar, select Settings .
  3. Select Channel Advanced settings.
  4. At the bottom, select Remove YouTube content. ...
  5. Select I want to permanently delete my content.
  6. Select the boxes to confirm that you want to delete your channel.
  7. Select Delete my content.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Youtube channels are tied in with Google accounts so log in with his google account and you should be able to. If you can't log in you have to do the google account password recovery process.

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
I can’t sign in as he has none of the information he started the account with !

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Sorry your lad is getting bullied over this. The only positive I would pull out of it is that your son has been given a valuable, early, lesson in the pitfalls of posting stuff online and how hard it can be get rid of.

Hope it gets resolved.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Have you tried reporting it to YouTube as a video of a child posted without consent? I know you can do that with FB when someone was splattering pics of mine on their page without my permission.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
So I’m assuming this account was created in the last few years? In which case it will be linked to a Google account.

I’d suggest using this https://support.google.com/accounts/troubleshooter/2402620

Does he have any idea what email address he used to sign up? As you may not have access to it, but if he could possibly remember the email address (or roughly) then you’d be able to attempt to recover that.

without remembering the email it’s going to be very difficult as YouTube don’t care, I’ve heard these stories before

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
You could also try this:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here