Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Definitely handball last night

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I mean - the ball DOES hit his hand (or more accurately, his hand hits the ball), but his hand is about 3 INCHES from Lamptey's foot, and in a 'supporting arm' position. The officials would have to be convinced he'd deliberately flicked it off of Lamptey's foot to consider that a penalty.

Not for me, Clive.

hand.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Watching that back though made me realise what a poor header that was from Solly 🙁
Insanely bad take.

Completely (both legs) off the ground, throwing yourself at a header, isn't the easiest scenario to be able to carefully choose your spot. 4 times out of 5, just getting it on target with as much power as he did, from that range, is going to score.

He did absolutely the right thing.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Insanely bad take.

Completely (both legs) off the ground, throwing yourself at a header, isn't the easiest scenario to be able to carefully choose your spot. 4 times out of 5, just getting it on target with as much power as he did, from that range, is going to score.

He did absolutely the right thing.
You’ve never played football have you.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I mean - the ball DOES hit his hand (or more accurately, his hand hits the ball), but his hand is about 3 INCHES from Lamptey's foot, and in a 'supporting arm' position. The officials would have to be convinced he'd deliberately flicked it off of Lamptey's foot to consider that a penalty.

Not for me, Clive.

View attachment 167200
It's unfortunate but that is a pen for me. I think he did use his arm to sweep it away, he is nowhere near making a tackle. Given they amount of completely crap handballs given or not given this season, that would hardly been a travesty if it was given. That said in the heat of the moment I also do not think it a travesty that the ref did not give it in real time.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Some poor refereeing decisions went against us last night but we were a tad fortunate on other occasions: mudryk not going down in the box when Igor lunged and missed the ball.
Close game, fine margins, and if we are going to lose a game like that 1-0 then glad it’s the League cup.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I thought it was a penalty real time seemed a deliberate swipe towards the ball with him hand. That said the ref was equally bad last night. Think they should have been down to 10 and never once picked up on time wasting or throwing the ball away. Not convinced the 1st goal was onside but pretty sure the disallowed one was. There was a point late in 2nd half when Borja I think was played in, who was still in his half when the pass was made only to be flagged for offside. I think Poch was booked for pointing it out. If we had been more clinical with the chances we had we would have been out of sight

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Last night saw the Big 6 team got every decision. VAR would have stopped that happening.

Remember that the next time you're on here bitching about VAR.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I expect he’s played to a much higher standard than you have.
Lol, you don’t even know me! Unless it’s full time pro then no he hasn’t.

Anyway, my point was that it was launching himself at that cross that actually made the header harder, there was pace on the cross, he just needs to watch it onto his head and place it, which when under no pressure at all from an oppo player is easier than a volley. March has never been much cop at heading at goal though, it’s not his strong point, which is ok as he has plenty of others. That chance just fell to the wrong player.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Lol, you don’t even know me! Unless it’s full time pro then no he hasn’t.

Anyway, my point was that it was launching himself at that cross that actually made the header harder, there was pace on the cross, he just needs to watch it onto his head and place it, which when under no pressure at all from an oppo player is easier than a volley. March has never been much cop at heading at goal though, it’s not his strong point, which is ok as he has plenty of others. That chance just fell to the wrong player
Oooh, I'm intrigued. Are you Darragh Ryan?

Last night saw the Big 6 team got every decision. VAR would have stopped that happening.

Remember that the next time you're on here bitching about VAR.
Yep - I was happy to accept this result if it's just us missing open goals - but it was back to the bad old days of the rich clubs being protected by refs - I mean f*** that, no way 4k fans travelled for people to just go " oh it's part of the game" like it was some bowls match at a minor public school. Refs either get the big decisions right or they get help to do so

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here