Death Of a Scientist = Death Of Two Governments

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
So, it's started. The bullshit's started to come home to roost bigtime. The death (note the word suicide ain't being used) is the beginning of the end. In quick succession, we'll now see the resignations of Campbell, Hoon, Straw, Blair, Rumsfeld, Bush.

George Galloway's case against the Telegraph for 'being in the pay of Saddam Hussein' will never come to court, either cos he dies in a mysterious car crash, or settles out of court for an undisclosed sum.

Next time anybody's thinking of having a go at the students or the anti-war protestors or the lefties or the conspiracy theorists, just keep your eyes and ears open. Cos the truth is out there, you just got to read between the lines sometimes. :eek:

Last edited:

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
Wishful thinking I'm afraid Tom Hark...all the individuals concerned are so arrogant and hold those that elected them (or didn't) in such contempt that they will continue to do exactly as they please and never mind the consequences...civil unrest could be the only way to change their approach...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Nah, I think their enemies in their own parties will in the end grind them down and kick them out. We only got rid of the Evil Bitch Thatcher cos the Tories themselves turned on her - and the Labour Party will do likewise to B.Liar & hang him out to dry. Good riddance to the lying **** sez I. :wave:

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
You may be right but I suspect that most Labour back benchers are too frightened to even sneeze let alone bring down Blair. Who would you put forward as a viable alternative?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The backbenchers would like someone honourable (if you exclude extra-marital affairs) like Robin Cook. If he wasn't so ugly and was a little louder with his undeniable eloquence, then there would be a chance.

Personally, i am obviously very suspicious of Dr Kelly's death. A friend of mine turns out to be related to him and has to testify in front of a Commons committee next week.
Weird.

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
Doesn't that sum up what values our Society now holds most dearly...the bloke that you (Meade) think the backbenchers would like can't be chosen because he's too ugly!!! To all extents and purposes politics and proper debate are finished in this country...

Tom Hark - I thought you might say Gordon Brown but wouldn't he suffer from the same perceived lack of charisma as Cook?

The way things are going a small wager on Matthew Fleming to be next conservative prime minister might be in order:ohmy:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
ezzoud - well charisma's a wee bit thin on the ground at the moment. It's like, a choice between the very very competent Gordon Brown wot bites his nails and the two terminal losers IDS and Ginger tosser Kennedy - neither of whom has so much as made a dent in Labour's ratings, even when they were there for the taking.

So that's settled then. IDS and Ginger tosser Kennedy are the Graham Barrett of of British politics...:D

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Ezzoud it is a terrible indictment of our increasingly Americanised soundbite-based political system, but being disheartened is only the first step toward us being sickened enough to act. Protest is lessening and dissent has been demonised, so we just need to keep beavering away.
No point giving up just because of reality.
:)

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
I'm glad you mentioned America - seemingly they are the root of all of our problems...what is this obsession for being like they are, interested in nothing other than themselves and being biggest and best.....say what you like about the French but at least they don't take any shite from across the atlantic......

I'm a conservative by nature (but don't hate me for it!) but I can't see that they can ever be elected again (not sexy enough for the increasingly youthful electorate and seemingly unable to throw off the shackles of being "the party of the rich") whilst Blair has moved the Labour party so far to the right that those of a leftist bent seemingly have no one to vote for save for the mixed up Lib Dems....so things seem to be running inexorably towards the UK becoming the 51st state....quick take to the streets....

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Baghdad bounced - today's Mirror hints that it is not clear cut that the poor man's death was actually suicide, just an 'apparent' suicide. This is just so f***ing murky. What next - poison-tipped umbrellas taking out Robin Cook?

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
ezzoud said:
The way things are going a small wager on Matthew Fleming to be next conservative prime minister might be in order:ohmy:

What, the bloke who plays cricket for Kent?

If you'll forgive me for getting a bit Mohammed Fayed about this, I think we're witnessing the start of an enormous cover-up. It wouldn't suprise me if Alastair Campbell or one of his cronies had driven into the Oxfordshire countryside and coshed poor Dr David to death.

What a pity the freedom of information rules in this country are so poor... it'll be thirty years before we get to read the cabinet discussions about this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports