Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Death in Paradise, new series.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
As a slight change to the topic, there's a new Death in Paradise spin-off being set in Australia in production with a female lead. The Daily Mail's headline is the hilariously misleading "Death in Paradise confirms show's FIRST ever lead female detective - following Ralph Little's emotional exit".

CLICK HERE! THEY'VE REPLACED A MAN WITH A WOMAN (not really, but we got you to click!!)

I wonder if it'll be any good? Seems a bit unnecessary to do a new spin-off, but hey-ho.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
As a slight change to the topic, there's a new Death in Paradise spin-off being set in Australia in production with a female lead. The Daily Mail's headline is the hilariously misleading "Death in Paradise confirms show's FIRST ever lead female detective - following Ralph Little's emotional exit".

CLICK HERE! THEY'VE REPLACED A MAN WITH A WOMAN (not really, but we got you to click!!)

I wonder if it'll be any good? Seems a bit unnecessary to do a new spin-off, but hey-ho.
https://www.northstandchat.com/threads/death-in-paradise-new-series.360055/post-11090980

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Blimey….so no room for older people in acting? …good job they killed off Judi Dench in Bond 🤔
Don seems to actually be inflating from series to series, he looks like an inner tube about to burst.

Blues Guitarist

Oct 19, 2020
St Johann in Tirol
I'm sorry to see Neville go. I thought he had grown into the role well after a slow start.

I would love to watch Beyond Paradise as I like Kris Marshall, but Sally Bretton's inability to act grates too much. She is fine as a foil to Lee Mack in Not Going Out, but Beyond Paradise requires a better actor.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Yep, it’s great escapism.

The only thing I didn’t like about this season was it being moved to Sunday’s, it was perfect winter Friday night, wind down and chill out TV! So the other half and I still watch it at 9pm on Friday nights instead on iPlayer!
you do the double with Beyond Paradise being a Friday dont you ;-)

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Ever since Ralf Little announced that he was to leave Death In Paradise, the race was on to find a replacement.

We’ve already had Ben Miller, Kris Marshall and Ardal O’Hanlon throughout its 13-series history, and now we know who will be taking the show forward for series 14 and beyond.

Ex-EastEnders and Sherwood star Don Gilet will, say the BBC, make his debut in a feature-length Christmas special this year, before a brand-new series in 2025. Gilet will play Detective Inspector Mervin Wilson, who arrives on the idyllic island of Saint Marie from London, and isn’t overly pleased with his new surroundings…

Gilet has recently begun filming in Guadeloupe, alongside returning regulars Don Warrington, Shantol Jackson, Ginny Holder, Élizabeth Bourgine and Danny John-Jules.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
There was a lovely piece on Death in Paradise by Richard Osman on a recent episode of The Rest Is Entertainment and the history of the show

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Ex-EastEnders and Sherwood star Don Gilet will, say the BBC, make his debut in a feature-length Christmas special this year, before a brand-new series in 2025. Gilet will play Detective Inspector Mervin Wilson, who arrives on the idyllic island of Saint Marie from London, and isn’t overly pleased with his new surroundings…
No idea who he is tbh (although Ive seen the press release photo) but they could at least change things up slightly now couldn't they?

"Aah, Inspector. We're sending you to the Caribbean islands for 4 years instead of sitting here in Peckham behind a desk...how do you feel about it?"

"Grrrr....ffs - what you sending me THERE for?!"

😏 🙄

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Nice for Don Gilet who is a good actor....I won't be watching though.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Is it any good? Never watched, but might give a go.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Sally Bretton's inability to act grates too much. She is fine as a foil to Lee Mack in Not Going Out, but Beyond Paradise requires a better actor.
All went downhill after The Office...
Screenshot 2024-05-03 at 11.38.39.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here