Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Dean & Friend

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
how is Mike Dean allowed to ref the game being from Liverpool, its like having harry Leonard running the line with him living in seaford

c3983ef50c36cffc9423ef1e29b6f0df.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

We have form on this against the big boys. The ref for the after full time penalty game against United at the Amex last season was from Manchester :shrug:

At least Dean is not actually from Liverpool though

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Would be quite happy if it was “all about Mike Dean” and also landed a draw.

Dean does like telling players to get up who fall over in the box but it’s Friend on VAR that worries me.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I don't mind Mike Dean. He does tend to sometimes make it all about himself, but he's often pretty fair. Friend – on the basis of some of the decisions from the weekend (not helped by the East side lino) is appalling! :dunce:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Dean & Friend

Would be quite happy if it was “all about Mike Dean” and also landed a draw.

Dean does like telling players to get up who fall over in the box but it’s Friend on VAR that worries me.

Friend was awful. He’s not my friend and never will be. Seemed to give a foul whenever a Citeh player tried to buy one (thought we were done with that this season in the Premier League) then let some very heavy tackles on our players go. We didn’t lose because of him but if we’d cut the mistakes and subsequent goals out, he could have made the difference against us.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The worrying thing with Friend is that he is seen as a top referee by the people that make decisions. He is an absolute joke

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The worst combination possible. Arguing whether you'd rather have Friend reffing and Dean VAR - or vice versa - is like being asked whether you'd prefer to be shot by firing squad or beheaded.

That said, Friend on VAR did give us a penalty late on vs Liverpool when he adjudged Robertson to have fouled Welbeck and we pinched a draw.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Dean's a scouser isn't he? Well, a Tranmere supporter any way

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Mrs Saladpack is a Scouser from Toxteth and points out that people from the Wirral and Tranmere in particular are not Scousers. I seem to remember a Tranmere song from a few years back which ended "we're not f*****g Scousers, we're from Birkenhead.." I don't think we've much to worry about on the bias front.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here