Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dealing With It

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The one hope I still have is that there are three teams even shitter than us. And I think there might be. It’s a bit of a sad state of affairs really, but it is what it is. We can still get out of it.

A lot of people take this game far too seriously, they really do. Get something else in your lives, it isn’t that important!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I have now decided after today’s debacle that the only way I can cope with our beloved team’s fickle performances is to resign myself to relegation. No more straw clutching, no more if and buts, no more relying on other teams doing us a favour. I will now come to terms that we are stuffed as a Premier League team. It is the only way that I can deal with the angst of seeing our team who looked so promising early season transform itself into a clueless, lacklustre bunch of disappointers (my word).

I have always been a glass half full supporter when it comes to the Albion, that glass has now been knocked over and is empty. Perhaps someone could fill it up and in doing so cheer me up. :down:
Agreed.

We are down now.

No more stress.

el punal

Firstly it was hardly a 'debacle' we don't aged for long periods, were the better side but we've got a mental block when it comes to the most important bit, scoring goals.

Secondly to cheer you up, remember you are currently enjoying one of the most successful periods in our history and this squad for all its faults may be the best we've ever had.

Seriously some of the posts here today are beyond embarrassing, the sense of entitlement some of our fans seem to have gotten. Remember where we were 10 years ago, 20 years ago. Let's it's enjoy the ride, if it's not for you then I suggest you roll into the bandwagon of any number of big clubs, but success as much as we all crave it is bit what supporting Brighton is s out, were all gutted tonight but I'd like to think after what we've been through today is less than a bump in the road and we all support something special.

Let's get behind GPott and the boys and know even if we get relegated (and I still believe we'll stay up) that it's certainly not for a lack of support

Okay, I admit emotions running high and my mood very low. I used the description ‘debacle’ because we lost to Palace, any other team and it would have been ‘disappointment’. The ‘debacle’ (sudden and ignominious failure) describes our woeful display in front of goal and then to be sucker punched by conceding so easily.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Okay, I admit emotions running high and my mood very low. I used the description ‘debacle’ because we lost to Palace, any other team and it would have been ‘disappointment’. The ‘debacle’ (sudden and ignominious failure) describes our woeful display in front of goal and then to be sucker punched by conceding so easily.
You used the right word! The only thing I would change would be to say the debacle started from January onwards.
Yesterday hurts more because we lost to that lot but it’s been so poor for months!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Have hated them since 1976. But there’s nothing I can do, Propper handed them the points not me, I express my feelings on NSC, then move on and get on with life.

They were going to beat us one day. I had a feeling they’d play a part in potentially sending us down. Potter and an overrated squad haven’t won in months, putting ever more pressure on these must win games for us. I smelt the coffee a while back when I saw a form guide of roughly LLDLLDLLD, others have now only just cottoned on.

Me and you both. The #together brigade wouldn’t listen though, with their positive mindfulness and rosary beads. As if that was ever going to keep us up. Still wins against Wolves, Arsenal, City and Liverpool should do the trick and we were just unlucky not to beat Villa, Watford, Bmuff, West Ham and Palace.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
No, you idiot! It’s the way I feel right now, and it applies to a lot die hard Albion fans as well. If you read my post I said I was a glass half full fan - you know, optimistic, loyal and everything that goes with it. If you read between the lines it would be obvious that I want the club to succeed.

We have just lost to the one team we wanted to beat. It hurts, more than that we have lost our way, that’s borne out by the results and performances over the last two months. You’re asking me to show heart and grit? Well up yours! I’ve been doing it for years watching my team play through thick and thin, so less of the insults. I will still support them through thick and thin but with a large dose of realism - maybe that’s something you need to take on board.

Agree. Your posts sum up perfectly my feelings too. I watched from a different, more expensive seat yesterday and have to say the lack of anger and passion on display after just losing to our bitter rivals clearly signalled a large percentage of our fan base ain’t that bothered.

el punal

Agree. Your posts sum up perfectly my feelings too. I watched from a different, more expensive seat yesterday and have to say the lack of anger and passion on display after just losing to our bitter rivals clearly signalled a large percentage of our fan base ain’t that bothered.

Probably mind numbing, crushing disappointment instead. At least that’s how I felt. Here was the golden opportunity to put one over our hated rivals and gain three points on the road to PL safety. We failed miserably.

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Probably mind numbing, crushing disappointment instead. At least that’s how I felt. Here was the golden opportunity to put one over our hated rivals and gain three points on the road to PL safety. We failed miserably.

They arrived in the same state in fairness. I got one sarchy comment for being a bit too vocal. Take the kid out of the northstand but you can’t,,,,

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Yeah I'd agree with that. Plenty of numbed silence on the trains etc after the game, not just at who we lost against and how, but also at what it means for our season. (little did we know then that the day would get much worse too)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here