Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] De Zerbi Press Conference

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Interesting how that journo was trying to get him and goad him about the “celebrations”
So how long did they go on for?
RDZ didn’t get the insinuation I don’t think, and the journo gave up after the second question on it.
What a top bloke he is. Love his pressers.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Loved that presser. As others have said, he’s so open…it’s a v refreshing change from the anodyne guff of so many or the semi-hostile of some.

I so hope we play Atalanta now because that will be one fun cauldron!!!

I have a massive man-crush on RDZ and it’s not much of a surprise that he is seemingly revered by the players (apart from Big Bob to whom I say “adios”).
The more I think about Sanchez the more it's a shame for him. He's been a big part of this season and should have had his time on the pitch on Sunday but just couldn't get over himself enough to make it happen. I'm sure he's going to come to regret it.

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
And de zerbis demeanour makes a bit more sense when you watch the Brescia manager run down the touchline and square up to the Atalanta fans. Classic.

Carletto Mazzone :love: he is a bit of an Italian small-club guru, he developed interesting ideas (like moving Pirlo from #10 to the deep-lying midfielder position) and was very well-respected inside the Italian football environment during his career.

In that case the Atalanta fans (who in Italy are universally regarded as angry scum, very vocal but also very insulting and disrespecting/violent whenever they get the chance) were insulting him and most importantly his mum throughout the match when they were ahead 3-1; so when Brescia went from 3-1 down to 3-2 down in the second half he promised (with shouts and gestures) to Atalanta fans that if Brescia managed to level he'd come for them - and when Brescia came back from behind to draw 3-3 at the last minute he (who was from Rome) went immediately running/skipping towards them to joyously vent off screaming insults in Roman dialect :lolol:

The picture of his assistant desperately trying to hold his angry old pot bellied boss back while laughing his ass off has become a classic among Italian football fans. Also, I didn't remember that Collina was the ref that had to deal with that situation, lol

Interesting that Brescia had Roberto baggio , hagi etc back in the day so must have had some money behind them. So perhaps de zerbi was a bit of a glory hunter.
To be fair Baggio was old when he went to Brescia, a bit like a higher-profile Welbeck situation, it was the last club he played in from 33 to 37 years old. They also had a very young Pirlo in that period, but only as a 1-season loan from Inter (where he was struggling a lot in the #10 role) because he'd been born and raised there.

Interestingly enough, Guardiola also played there as a 30-year old at Brescia in midfield in 2001-2002 and 2003.

They were still only a mid-table club at best though, didn't have a lot of money and only reached 8th as their best ever league position. They've never won any major title or trophy in their club history.

Edit:
Wow this sounds like a proper rivalry, like a real war based on hundreds of years of hate !! Classic Italian shizzle.

Yep that article does well in explaining the main parts of their rivalry; Bergamo (Atalanta's hometown) and Brescia have always been twin rival cities with very strong characters (both sets of citizens fought very hard to liberate themselves from Austrian domination and to unify Italy as a country.)

Last edited:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Interesting how that journo was trying to get him and goad him about the “celebrations”
So how long did they go on for?
RDZ didn’t get the insinuation I don’t think, and the journo gave up after the second question on it.
What a top bloke he is. Love his pressers.
Andy Naylor must have asked him again.
It's his "hot blood" apparently that makes him dance on tables in the Gin Club in Brighton :rave:

Good on De Zerbi, he deserved to enjoy it. It is an incredable achivement for our club that I never thought would ever happen

I am expecting a pre-match email from the club asking us not to make too much noise tonight as the players from both side are feeling a little bit fragile.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Spot the difference

IMG-20230524-WA0002.jpg

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
There's also one last section about Mitoma that got cut in that video (from 18:47 onward):

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
This nob just makes my blood boil now. His comment about staying at Brighton if he wanted an easy life grates big time as well. Can't wait to boo and abuse him in future !!!!
He completely lost me after his cry arsing at the 4-1 game.

'I've got nothing to apologise for' with his lip going. So arrogant and self centred for Mr emotional intelligence.

We weren't asking for an apology Graeme. We eviscerated you because you are the enemy now. Its your job to handle that. And you can't.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just watching todays presser.
Who the hell employs these journos who ask these fvckwit questions.
I thought RDZ seemed a tad agitated from the second journo.

I

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Just watching todays presser.
Who the hell employs these journos who ask these fvckwit questions.
I thought RDZ seemed a tad agitated from the second journo.

I
Didn't see anything wrong with them, myself and I thought he was quite cordial, if a little down for a manager who has lost one of their key players.

Sometimes the more 'fvckwit' questions provide the more interesting answers from interviees but sure, slag off the guy who is simply doing their job :thumbsup:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Didn't see anything wrong with them, myself and I thought he was quite cordial, if a little down for a manager who has lost one of their key players.

Sometimes the more 'fvckwit' questions provide the more interesting answers from interviees but sure, slag off the guy who is simply doing their job :thumbsup:
Just my opinion :thumbsup:

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
Andy Naylor reports key points. Then it’s shown (up to the embargo) on YouTube a couple of hours later. Think it kicks off at 1:30 today so keep an eye out on YouTube around 4. I suspect it will be a longer one than usual

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Goodnight not going on loan :thumbsup:

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
No more signings coming in. Not surprised but had hoped we could do a deal for that South American left back (names escapes me). He seemed a real prospect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here