Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] De Zerbi Cam v Liverpool

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You can see he knows the rules (unlike most of nsc including myself at the time) after watching the stonewall pen on the monitor. Some posters were still saying it wasn’t a pen after having the rules points out to them 🤦🏻‍♂️

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
You can see he knows the rules (unlike most of nsc including myself at the time) after watching the stonewall pen on the monitor. Some posters were still saying it wasn’t a pen after having the rules points out to them 🤦🏻‍♂️
What do the rules say these days? I’m lost.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What do the rules say these days? I’m lost.
Basically nothing about it coming off body onto hand - and VVDs arm was in a completely unnatural position and sticking out etc etc - by the laws it was a pen 100%

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Love the camaraderie he has with Klopp in our cam video - they seemed genuinely friendly with a lot of respect there. Klopp calming De Zerbi down when he got the Yellow was classy.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Basically nothing about it coming off body onto hand - and VVDs arm was in a completely unnatural position and sticking out etc etc - by the laws it was a pen 100%
So the rule isn’t that, if it comes off the body it isn’t handball. For me it seems stupid that if your hand is in an unnatural position it doesn’t matter if it touched your body first.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Love the camaraderie he has with Klopp in our cam video - they seemed genuinely friendly with a lot of respect there. Klopp calming De Zerbi down when he got the Yellow was classy.

I thought the same. I know Klipperty gets a lot of stick on here but I think he's pretty ok as a manager (there's a hell of a lot worse in the PL) and obviously likes RDZ from the video and various comments.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
So the rule isn’t that, if it comes off the body it isn’t handball. For me it seems stupid that if your hand is in an unnatural position it doesn’t matter if it touched your body first.

I saw a video with Mike Dean which said that if it comes off the body, it's still down to whether the arm is in an unnatural position or not. Can't remember where I saw it.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I thought we'd done this, the rule got changed so it can be handball if it comes off your body first. I didn't know that, as it seems, most pundits in the game also didn't.

Here's a penalty Luton got against Wolves which wasn't overturned by VAR.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I thought we'd done this, the rule got changed so it can be handball if it comes off your body first. I didn't know that, as it seems, most pundits in the game also didn't.

Here's a penalty Luton got against Wolves which wasn't overturned by VAR.

I’ve been hit with Marseille fever so been out the game for a few days, thanks got it now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here