Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Day 16 - A song that you used to love but now hate

no81skint

Apr 27, 2007
Coventry
I Just Called To Say I Love You by Stevie Wonder

Dear Stevie,

I’m so sorry – I don’t want to hate one of your songs.

It’s just turned out that way. You came along one summer and took over our radios. Day after day after day. It all started off well. After all you were Mr Wonder – you’d given us Superstition, My Cherie Amour, Master Blaster.

And when they started playing the song, I loved it. Like the rest of the world I hummed along, I pretended to pick up a phone and sing in to it.

But they kept playing it. And you went to number one, like forever. Playing that song. Again and again and again, and unfortunately that was the summer I spent glued to the radio and the love turned to hate.

Original post: Day 16 - A song that you used to love but now hate: I Just Called To Say I Love You by Stevie Wonder

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The result of hearing it 10 times everyday when it became the summer song of ?????

Great song ruined for me by overkill

[video]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=NFVnuakdnbc&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DNFV nuakdnbc&gl=GB[/video]

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Maroon 5 - Moves like Jagger.

It was a catchy tune when it first came out but has been killed by radios and nightclubs. Some of their music used to be good but now they've had their day. Like Oasis when they tried to make a comeback - they were never going to live up to the very high standards.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Fairground Attraction.

Harmless little ditty but then I started to work for Asda and it was their theme tune.

Yes, a low point in life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here