Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Lopez (formerly of Athletic Bilbao) signs one year deal!!! (merged)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I can see a theme developing....

Calderon. Spanish. Never heard of him before. Flair.

Vicente. Spanish. Never heard of him before. Flair.

Bruno. Spanish. Never heard of him before. Flair.

Lopez. Spanish. Never heard of him before........

Dear Gus.

Please keep signing Spanish players I've never heard of.

Thanks
Pasty

:lolol:

Last edited:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Thank god for that video! I said in the other thread before he signed, Buckley mkII with an immense set piece, Spanish flair and experience of European Champs League and Euro cup..... was beginning to think I'd got the wrong bloke as no-one seemed to agree it was a good signing

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
It must feel like home for our 5 Spanish players, what with all these spanish Students who come to study here.

Even Lopez mentions this in his interview on seagulls player.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Could do with a good meal

0,,10433~11177728,00.jpg

Is Iggy Pop his old man???

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Lopez on Twitter: "All these years, my teammates and the fans, I'll always be the Athletic, and especially wish them luck for this season. I have now a new experience. A hug to everyone"

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Lopez on Twitter: "All these years, my teammates and the fans, I'll always be the Athletic, and especially wish them luck for this season. I have now a new experience. A hug to everyone"

Sounds very much like Vicente at Valencia, a club legend who is technically very gifted but does not have the endurance to last a whole season in La Liga. We'll take them!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Really excited about this signing after reading the thread. From what everyone is saying, he must be first choice so who goes onto the bench. There is going to be a lot of competition for places in the front 6 positions.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Am always shocked when reading these threads how many people had never heard of Vicente before he signed!? Do people not watch other football in Europe, Real Madrid bid 30 mil for him!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Am always shocked when reading these threads how many people had never heard of Vicente before he signed!? Do people not watch other football in Europe, Real Madrid bid 30 mil for him!

Don't personally watch much football at all other than Albion. I'll watch if there is a game on in the pub, and watch English teams in the CL, but that's about it tbh.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield

That's right he was one of the best players in Europe 10 years ago as a youngster. Mind you i did live in Spain from 2002-2004 so maybe i wouldnt have known as much about him had i not. Seriously though people should watch more la liga football on sky anyway, its feckin brilliant

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
That's right he was one of the best players in Europe 10 years ago as a youngster. Mind you i did live in Spain from 2002-2004 so maybe i wouldnt have known as much about him had i not. Seriously though people should watch more la liga football on sky anyway, its feckin brilliant

I don't like Sky's coverage of La Liga; its always Real/Barca V someone else. For a change, I'd like to watch, say, Bilbao v Espanyol or something like that. Fed up of the constant fawning of Barca/Real. It's as bad as their Prem coverage.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

I had heard of Vicente. Remember him from that amazing Valencia team of the early 2000's. I have not heard of David Lopez but am very impressed with what I have heard on here. We actually have a wide midfielder who is not injury prone to replace Noone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here