Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Dartford Crossing

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yet another one who thinks people can't stop on a double yellow...

I’m listening...or are we talking semantics? Stop and park, that sort of thing. What does the law say? I tend to stay away from parking on yellows because a) they tend to exist where it’s pretty unsocial to park and you never really need to either b) everyone I know gets ticketS if they do...and the hassle of contesting, we’ll is it worth it? I mean, I once posted on a football forum about the unfairness of my first penalty fine, even though it was my own rank stupidity, and all I got was abuse? Imagine that?! :lolol:

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Originally Posted by LadySeagull
Yet another one who thinks people can't stop on a double yellow...

I’m listening...or are we talking semantics? Stop and park, that sort of thing. What does the law say?

You can load and unload (limited time, genuine loading/unloading or collecting something that you need to be close to the premises for, but not merely shopping, usually up to 20 minutes) which can include collecting a pre-ordered and paid item, e.g. a hot takeaway. Or dropping a parcel to the Post Office, etc.
You can stop to drop off or pick up a passenger.
If that passenger is a child, that time can include taking them inside or collecting them from premises (i.e. people can drop kids at school, but not hang around chatting)
If that passenger is disabled you can also take the minutes needed to assist them to or from premises
Blue Badge holders can park for 3 hours

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You can load and unload (limited time, genuine loading/unloading or collecting something that you need to be close to the premises for, but not merely shopping, usually up to 20 minutes) which can include collecting a pre-ordered and paid item, e.g. a hot takeaway. Or dropping a parcel to the Post Office, etc.
You can stop to drop off or pick up a passenger.
If that passenger is a child, that time can include taking them inside or collecting them from premises (i.e. people can drop kids at school, but not hang around chatting)
If that passenger is disabled you can also take the minutes needed to assist them to or from premises
Blue Badge holders can park for 3 hours

Thank you. Didn’t know or long forgotten that. The offender I saw had popped in to get a Costa coffee and caused a 30 odd car tailback. There’s a parade of parking spaces nearly opposite but that would involve parking rather than dumping. And walking back, including a minute wait probably at some traffic lights. I mean, who’s got time for that crazy delay when you’ve got to get life affirming takeaway coffee and get to work like all the people delayed? Anyway, it’s good to know the offender is innocent if they preordered on their app. Might start doing the same!! Cheers!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Called out for what? You are one bizarre poster!!!!

I’m ****ing with you. You’re easily ****ed. Or is that ****ing easy. I don’t know. Anyway, go to bed Drew. You’ve earned it.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Dartford are usually quite reasonable. I've forgotten a couple of times and they gave me the chance to pay the standard rate without a fine. After that I set up auto pay - would recommend it and you can do it for congestion charge as well.

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Following advice from you lovely people I phoned them and both charges are going to be cancelled and I will just pay the usual £5 as its my first 'offence'. My view is that its not about if you can afford to pay its about fairness and I am pretty sure that a £140 fine for a slight error is pretty unjust. That said I'm surprised that the only flack I got was from Mr Portlock. I have seen how these threads can go! Thanks all

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
If I was starting a Rod Stewart tribute act I would seriously consider Dartford Crossing as the act name

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Anyone ever got the balance of their account refunded after Dart charge closed it due to too long a period of inactivity?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here