Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Czech Rep v Denmark

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Can anyone who watches a lot of European football please explain how Braithwaite is at Barcelona please?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can anyone who watches a lot of European football please explain how Braithwaite is at Barcelona please?

Yes - almost.

Barca lost player X after a window slammed shut.
Due to a vagary in Spanish football law Barca were able to buy a striker from another Spanish side (now that might or might not have been to the value of the player lost, I can't remember)
Whatever the criteria Braithwaite fitted the bill and if Barca were going to buy any replacement it pretty much had to be him.

Lavante had no recourse and they weren't allowed to replaced MB - out of the window.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yes - almost.

Barca lost player X after a window slammed shut.
Due to a vagary in Spanish football law Barca were able to buy a striker from another Spanish side (now that might or might not have been to the value of the player lost, I can't remember)
Whatever the criteria Braithwaite fitted the bill and if Barca were going to buy any replacement it pretty much had to be him.

Lavante had no recourse and they weren't allowed to replaced MB - out of the window.

Thanks.

So he was a last resort signing then.

That explains it perfectly :lolol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I really hope this game doesn't go to extra time.

I'd be obliged to watch, just to see what happens, but I really don't want to. Pretty dull fare.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thanks.

So he was a last resort signing then.

That explains it perfectly :lolol:

He was definitely an 'unplanned signing' :lol: which was only possible due to Barca exploiting a loophole to their benefit while screwing over one of the 'little' clubs.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I really hope this game doesn't go to extra time.

I'd be obliged to watch, just to see what happens, but I really don't want to. Pretty dull fare.

I won't be, thanks to uninvited guests - they're always uninvited, I've only seen 5 minutes of Le Tour.

So I'll be on ITV 4 soon having been on a media lockdown.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Compare the quality on show yesterday to what we've just seen. It's like a different competition!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yup. The injured check fella crawling off the pitch was proper sportsmanship.

Bollox to that. I'd rather see the quality on show from Italy last night and take the bitter pill of their gamesmanship.

If I only want sportsmanship I'll watch school sports day thanks.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Bollox to that. I'd rather see the quality on show from Italy last night and take the bitter pill of their gamesmanship.

If I only want sportsmanship I'll watch school sports day thanks.

Quality play and sportsmanship are both available to the same team.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Great first half, second was very dull... the ten subs thing really ruins the flow a lot of times.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Great first half, second was very dull... the ten subs thing really ruins the flow a lot of times.

And yet two half time subs for Czech Republic were potential game changers. Although it all fizzled out pretty quickly unfortunately.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here