Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Current Situation - a reasoned rant

super ads

Jul 14, 2009
There has been a lot said about our current plight, with a lot of opinions floating about.

I have long been disappointed at the slightly holier than thou attitude of some longer standing fans. I'm fed up of hearing how we have been in worse positions, etc etc. Yes that is true, but banging on about our history is no different to the joke of how many Liverpool fans does it take to change a light bulb (50. 1 to change it and 49 to remember how good the old bulb was...). to me it makes no difference now that 20 years ago we were in the poop -if we get relegated then so be it, but at least go down with a fight rather than what we have been subjected to in the last few games.

The fact of the matter is that we are in the poo big time and we all have our opinions and observations. It still angers me to the core how we "rested" several players thinking of the bigger picture in the FA Cup game against the massive. worked out really well, didn't it? You can point to the stats last night and say on another day we could have scored 4. However on another day my auntie could have had balls and been my uncle. It counts for nothing in the moments when we are clearly on top and we don't take advantage. then when we are on top (aston villa) and get our noses in front, the first substitution changes the game completely as we basically surrender the midfield and invite Grealish to have a field day. I think that in the long term GP is the man to take this club forward, I really do. But how many times will he say we will "learn" from these games? He certainly talks a good game, but at this point we need to dig deep and really scrap. As for the perceived way he has treated Murray and Duffy....well if last night wasn't the cue for Glenn to leave I dont know what is.And Knocky may not have been at his best last season (or this at Fulham), but I would have him in a heartbeat over Ali J. And don't get me started on the whole "position roulette" that seems to be occuring - that just stinks of a man that is bang out of ideas.

As for the players...well I agree that berating them doesn't really help, but then they have hardly responded to decent support when it has occured either. The problem as I see it is that our squad has barely evolved since promotion. We may have moved forward a step or 2 but other teams have leapt forward and rewritten what could be expected of a promoted team. We have been found out big time, and unlike last season where there were 3 worse teams than us, we are truly in the mix this time round.

what is the answer? new signings take time to bed in, and our record on big money signings is patchy. We have Izquierdo potentially due back, but I can't see how he fits into GP's system. I saw on Twitter that the next 4 games are winnable - well forgive me for saying but Villa who don't play with a recognised sttiker and Bournemouth who quite frankly have been worse than us lately were meant to me winnable, yes? the bottom line is that just because I may slate GP's tactics on occasion, just because seeing us become a gutless shell breaks my heart doesnt make me a better or worse supporter than anyone else. I will still be there at West Ham next weekend to support whoever wears the stripes.

We will never get a consensus, but at least for the next few games, let's put our differences aside, and back the team however hard that may be.

Please point out when we have given them decent support?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I have long been disappointed at the slightly holier than thou attitude of some longer standing fans. I'm fed up of hearing how we have been in worse positions, etc etc. Yes that is true, but banging on about our history is no different to the joke of how many Liverpool fans does it take to change a light bulb

Good lord.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here