Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
I really don't buy the narrative that they were so much better than us. We had more of the ball and more shots on target, the goal they scored was a penalty which was 100% a penalty and aside from the Ayew chance they didn't do much, we had a similar chance with Welbeck who should've scored as well and we always looked a threat at set pieces. A draw was the fairest result and I can't help but think with a full strength team we get the three points.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I was just about to write a post similar to this. Seeing a lot on social media from Palace fans about how well you played, and how it was an unlucky result but ultimately future is bright etc. And I do agree based on Hodgson brand of football - you did have some good periods of play, but ultimately didn't really trouble us. Can't remember Sanchez making many / any saves of any note. So with that you do remind me of us last season, play some nice stuff, pass it around fairly well but very little up top to trouble

The irony being is how they sneered when we were saying similar things in the early days of Potter. That was one of our early Potter games by them - better pressing and some pretty stuff until the final third. They had an xG of 1.37 and we had 0.65. Hardly a battering - especially given the penalty was 0.75 of theirs. They have every right to be pleased that their style is evolving from the turgid Hodgson stuff but they are a long way from being good.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Palace fan in peace.

Not much worse in football than conceding a goal in the last minute of injury time, sure felt like a loss, but after ours last season I guess the universe has realigned and all is well again. I would've taken a point before the game with your current form and am just pleased that we are now playing a bit of football, but we seem to be racking up a lot of draws a bit like yourselves last season. Anyway, fair play.

No, no no....don't be coming on here with your calm and rational views. You're doing this all wrong. [MENTION=25756]Se20[/MENTION] will be putting you on ignore.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Worth a watch

[tweet]1442776031929196546[/tweet]

Not a single ‘woooooooah’ to be heard - proper English football atmosphere there from the better set of fans again… :clap2:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
What a great point. As far as game was concerned both sides were poor and until penalty had 0-0 all over it. Both sides cancelled each other out. Never seen Zaha contribute so little which was credit to us. I think most neutrals would have turned off before end.
Without Bissouma we were crying out for a ball winner to win ball and pass to midfielder further forward. Never happened. Could see why Burns went off but could never understand why Alzate came on. I have seen Moder play defensive role for Country and either Gross or Lalana could have been pushed further forward. Even stranger was when Moder came on seemed to play wide right.
Will be interesting to see line up against Arsenal. Certainly dont fancy Burn v Saka again.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
What a great point. As far as game was concerned both sides were poor and until penalty had 0-0 all over it. Both sides cancelled each other out. Never seen Zaha contribute so little which was credit to us. I think most neutrals would have turned off before end.
Without Bissouma we were crying out for a ball winner to win ball and pass to midfielder further forward. Never happened. Could see why Burns went off but could never understand why Alzate came on. I have seen Moder play defensive role for Country and either Gross or Lalana could have been pushed further forward. Even stranger was when Moder came on seemed to play wide right.
Will be interesting to see line up against Arsenal. Certainly dont fancy Burn v Saka again.

Remember that Burn was playing wing back when he got roasted by Saka.

We have Cuccerella and March for that now. I personally think Burn should be our starting left centre back. Far less likely to be skinned by the Traore's and Saka's of this world

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Biss's comment about THAT goal:

0_BissoumaPNG.png

Much as I love Biss, that cabling makes me shudder! :lol:

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Pretty poor game, nothing much from either team (despite palace claims they were some sort of prime barca 2010 display). Was a bit like the Brentford game but would say they threatened even less than them.

One silly tackle from Tross and one exquisite through ball and finish from Veltman and Maupay. Considering who we were missing take it happily and move on to next week.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
That's a terrible view of the pitch. Not at all redeemed by the sight of the half naked, fully tattooed twat part way through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here