Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley Town v Swindon Town Thread

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Proctor up front for Crawley looks absolutely useless. Not played many games, granted. But a terrible debut so far.

Both teams have been very poor. Kick and rush.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Crawley with us in the Championship would make some more tasty local derbies.

Doctor Crawley

Jun 5, 2012
Crawley
Not a great advert for Div 3 football was it.
Our pitch is a mess.
It was a little kick and run but hey,what else can you do on that mud pit.
That said,we are doing ok and I can't wait for the day our paths meet again.
There won't be five goals in it next time,that's for sure.

Doctor Crawley

Jun 5, 2012
Crawley
Yes,Crawley is the only team I support......I'm 39 years old and I would guess at maybe 900 games that I have attended (since 83/84).
However,I have always had a spot for The Albion,being a Sussex lad.
My first Brighton game was an evening 1-1 with Huddersfield (87Ish),where Joey Jones played for them and Terry Connor(I think) scored towards the south stand,cracking strike high in to the net.
I watched Brighton quite a bit in between watching Crawley late 80's/early 90's.
I travelled to Oldham in the Fa cup on the plastic,when Oldham were unbeatable at home(Oldham 2-1 Brighton),Mark Barham putting the Albion in front,celebrating by running round behind the goal.
That same season I travelled to Leicester(lost2-1?)
I watched the promotion run in and travelled to Chesterfield,I was going mental in the North Stand v Bristol Rovers!
I remember the signings of Nicky Bissett and Robert Codner from Barnet.
I remember people slating Paul Wood,but I thought he was great.
Basically I witnessed many of Garry Nelsons goals that season!!!

I'm a Sussex football fan,but a Crawley fan first,though always looking at Brightons results.
A lot of Crawley is London based support,with an equal Brighton and Palace split.
When I first started watching Crawley,I was in a crowd of around 400 on average.That has changed.
At times the newbies piss me off,but the reality is we need the newbies to become regulars,and for those newbies to become a part of the furniture.Its football evolution I suppose.
I wouldn't be sad to see us back in the southern league though(conf south now),as the football day,although low in quality,was a better day out......and it's the day out that attracts me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here