Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Noone - Should we have sold him?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Too true. Fast forward two years and posters will be wailing that we should never have sold Barnes as he was the best striker we had.

Sold him? Would anyone buy him from us?

:eek:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
You might like to talk to fans of other clubs who do rate him. Holloway mentioned him as one of three good players for us in his pre-match interview.

I just wish Gus would play him as an out and out striker with CMS. We might see the best of him then.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Track back a few months and people on here were LIVID that we didn't sell Noone for the 'over-inflated' price Cardiff offered us for him in January... And I would not be surprised one bit if it was the same people who are now saying we shouldn't have sold him/should have got more for him, all the while completely disregarding Barnes as useless.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Track back a few months and people on here were LIVID that we didn't sell Noone for the 'over-inflated' price Cardiff offered us for him in January... And I would not be surprised one bit if it was the same people who are now saying we shouldn't have sold him/should have got more for him, all the while completely disregarding Barnes as useless.

I'd be GUTTED if we sold Barnes, in fact as much as I was when Murray left.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Ab so blooming lootely.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Check out the threads when he went,gutted then and gutted now,must hope Orlandi proves to be good.Noone was one of the few players we had that could make something happen although some on here with short memories wouldnt thin so.

You don't need hindsight. Noone is a unique player in our squad and probably pretty rare in this league and certainly one who we simply do not have any sort of replacement for.

His first game at the Amex against Donny and that lovely little shuffle to set up Buckers winning goal - his technical ability is excellent and whilst it may not have always been consistent (which is possibly down to the style of play of the team and the defensive duties he had) he is a very good addition to any squad and we shouldn't have let him go

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Check out the threads when he went,gutted then and gutted now,must hope Orlandi proves to be good.Noone was one of the few players we had that could make something happen although some on here with short memories wouldnt thin so.

But but but, everyone said he had no end product. Check out the threads.

Personally I agree with you, but every player has his price. We made good money out of Noone and to be honest, Orlandi's corners are much better.

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
At the time. Yes. HOWEVER...If he was playing for us like he's been playing for Cardiff then definately no.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
If Gus was never going to be able to get the best out of him,for whatever reason,then it made sense to sell him.............unless Gus goes,that is!

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
I said it back then and I’ll say it again, we was absolutely mental selling Noone. He could take 2 or 3 opposition players out the game as they tried to man mark him. I said to my mates that if he goes to Cardiff he’ll tear the opposition a new arse hole and seems to be proving me right.

Bloody gutted then and more gutted now.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
At the time. Yes. HOWEVER...If he was playing for us like he's been playing for Cardiff then definately no.

He scored one goal against Burnley. Blimey, even Gordon Greer managed that, twice.

Even last week when Cardiff were on tv, posters on Nsc were saying same old Nooney, no end product.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Noone works better with Cardiff because they have more players in the box, he doesn't need pin point crosses when he has 2/3 people to aim for, unlike having 1 to aim for with us.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
2 of the biggest characters gone from the dressing room, Nooney & Tommy Elphick. Many people on here never rated either. I'm gutted they've gone, & I do wonder how it affected the morale within the dressing room.
Still, footballers know these things happen, it's part & parcel of the job.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Noone works better with Cardiff because they have more players in the box, he doesn't need pin point crosses when he has 2/3 people to aim for, unlike having 1 to aim for with us.

I have to say that your post is not at all to be disregarded - I think you may be spot on there !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here