Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] COVID Travel Advice.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Pretty straight forward questions really.

I have flights booked from 5th to 26th Jan From Australia to UK.

How are things over there? Is it going to be worth my while? Should I reschedule?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
First up, things seem fairly normal here, pretty much as relaxed as at any time in the pandemic. The numbers clearly indicate otherwise tho.

A friend of mine managed a round trip in Sept-Oct flying Sydney - Doha - London on Qatar Airways. So under current rules it's certainly do-able. But future restrictions are unknowable. France literally overnight just scuppered the Christmas plans of thousands of travellers from the UK. The Aussie government may similarly get spooked by the numbers coming out of the UK and pull up the drawbridge again. And though the UK government is unlikely to take the hugely unpopular step of cancelling Christmas again this year, it may well move to some kind of Plan C in January, maybe even a limited lockdown. Like I say it's unknowable. Tho it is guessable based on past events.

If it were me, I'd be inclined to put my trip off for a couple of months. By then Oz will be coming out of its low number Summer and the UK numbers should be greatly reduced as the effect of the mass booster jabbing exercise kicks in.

Good luck with your trip, whatever you decide

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I'm coming for back for Christmas as it will have been 4 years since I last spent it with my family. Last week my boss sent out an email to all staff making it clear that any who travels does so at there own risk, meaning if you can't get back in time for work in the new year, you could lose your job temporarily or permanently. I'm sure he knows he can't fire people if they're affected by Covid/Covid restrictions but he's hoping he can spook people. One colleague has now cancelled her trip.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
First up, things seem fairly normal here, pretty much as relaxed as at any time in the pandemic. The numbers clearly indicate otherwise tho.

A friend of mine managed a round trip in Sept-Oct flying Sydney - Doha - London on Qatar Airways. So under current rules it's certainly do-able. But future restrictions are unknowable. France literally overnight just scuppered the Christmas plans of thousands of travellers from the UK. The Aussie government may similarly get spooked by the numbers coming out of the UK and pull up the drawbridge again. And though the UK government is unlikely to take the hugely unpopular step of cancelling Christmas again this year, it may well move to some kind of Plan C in January, maybe even a limited lockdown. Like I say it's unknowable. Tho it is guessable based on past events.

If it were me, I'd be inclined to put my trip off for a couple of months. By then Oz will be coming out of its low number Summer and the UK numbers should be greatly reduced as the effect of the mass booster jabbing exercise kicks in.

Good luck with your trip, whatever you decide
Thank you THPP, this is very much my thinking at the moment.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yeah if you can I'd swerve it for Spring / Summer. Certainly feels like at least in short term new year we're heading for further restrictions

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I was planning on coming back to UK after a similar amount of time since my list visit and decided that the risk was too great. My concerns were not (and never have been) on the UK side, but more on whether I could get back!

UK has somewhat of a cavalier approach compared to the Conservative APAC countries.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Cancelled my trip to the UK yesterday. Due to travel today. Didn’t fancy the self isolation in a hotel waiting for results. In order to catch my flight back I needed to have a COVID test on Christmas Day to be sure of the results. Final straw when my great niece contracted COVID. Will now plan for 1st May. Good luck whatever you decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here