Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Covid response ‘one of UK’s worst ever public health failures’

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
And still getting paid as an MP.

As westerners the political / ruling class is rubbing our noses in it , the rich are out of control and getting richer by the week and the poor are getting shat on from a great (and increasing) hight........just wait until covid has been managed and you will find that your rate of pay will be cut by 15-20 % as "we need to claw back lost revenue from covid"......it's a ****ing joke. Did Hancock shag a pigs head too...??

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Its the usual story from the Vote Leave Tory cabal its always someone else's fault. They never take responsibility for anything.

One day the public will wake up....

No they won't, it's gone way beyond that, people are different now, can't be bothered with all the adjectives but I am sure you get the general idea.
If so many people think that covid was handled as well as could be expected and Johnson did a good job and its time to move on and that all the problems have nothing to do at all with Brexit, then any sort of honesty and decency has long gone.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
No they won't, it's gone way beyond that, people are different now, can't be bothered with all the adjectives but I am sure you get the general idea.
If so many people think that covid was handled as well as could be expected and Johnson did a good job and its time to move on and that all the problems have nothing to do at all with Brexit, then any sort of honesty and decency has long gone.

I'm afraid its the post truth, post shame world we're in now. Until we have a reset of our democratic system, it is open to exploitation from dishonest actors

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
It’s like in some remote room in The Palace there is a “crazy ideas machine”. When they need to generate some spin or come up with a fix they send some intern down to pull the arm on the machine and see what it spits out.

“Make sea-lions responsible for fishing quotas”? Yeah okay.
“Force the children of people on benefits to clean abattoirs with their tongues”? Fab
“Give Matt Hancock responsibility”? Sure.

This country is so ****ed.

The UK has turned into a Pratchett novel…..

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

This.

Sadly :nono:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

Succinct and accurate. Thanks.

D

Deleted member 22389

That's exactly how I feel. Glad to return to some normality.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
That's exactly how I feel. Glad to return to some normality.

And there, in a nutshell, is why we are where we are :dunce:

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The biggest travesty about this whole sorry affair is that it should never have been allowed to be a single party/policy crisis. We should have adopted a cross party government with the best minds forming policy and practice.

The problem though, was the government (Boris), clearly believed this wasn’t serious and wouldn’t happen here, until it was way too late and was then caught like a rabbit in the headlights of a fast approaching pandemic, unable to move out of harms way, not knowing which way to run for safety.

When this is all done, or at a point where we really can “live with it” - I predict “lessons will be learned”, we will stock up on PPE, testing systems will be financed and other measures improved, until no further immediate pandemic occurs, then we will gradually withdraw funding and lose interest and get caught with our pants down - again!

Agree it should've been a cross party approach which might've seen better decision making

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here