Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Covid is back

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
I think I caught it at he Wolves away game. Me and my buddy both tested positive for it a couple of days after the match... just getting over it now, really knocked me sideways...

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Definitely an uptick in mask wearing here in Lyme, NHS England predicting an incredibly difficult winter,particularly without any restrictions in place.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Live your life. They constantly have a new variant to scare people with. My favourite variant was the Croydon variant which was very apt.

True scientists don’t do that, just quietly monitoring/publishing data on currently near harmless viruses.

Then some parts of the media and a few strange folk who’d have kids separated from their peers again, jump on it.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
It never went away, there’s no evidence that the current variant is any more dangerous than any variant over the last 18 months.
True - and we are a nation of people with a good herd immunity now both from infection and vaccinations …

HOWEVER there’s no evidence that the most recent boosters will protect against the new variant according to the consultant who gave me my booster at the Covid clinic last week - which does potentially make the new variant more dangerous for those clinically at risk and who rely on repeat vaccines and booster doses to prevent ( as much as possible) being hospitalised or dying - The new variant was discovered after the current Omricon vaccine was produced and it is a significant mutation - it’s too early to tell as there is no national Covid positive data tracking as there was during the early days of the pandemic so A/ we don’t know how virulent it is and b/ strains are not distinguished in normal testing

I have heart damage, lung damage, liver damage and lost my gallbladder as a result of severe Covid - I have also been assessed as having Long Covid by one of the national Long Covid Clinics that have been set up - that’s resulted in neurological deficits ( loss of balance, vision problems, widespread neurological pain, migraines and debilitating brain fog ( I forget people’s names that I have known for years and have trouble counting numbers in sequence now just as an example)

So while Covid has remained throughout, largely not serious for the vast majority it can still effect otherwise healthy people long term and certainly remains very dangerous for those who are highly vulnerable due to certain underlying clinical conditions/medication - the effectiveness of boosters and vaccines to date has been the only difference between life and death for some people so it remains crucial that the impact of any variants are also limited by effective boosters/vaccines.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Got my Autumn Pfizer jab yesterday having received a text from the NHS.

The justification was that I wanted to avoid any unnecessary time off work

Unfortunately, this decision has backfired spectacularly. I was up all night with a high fever, aches and pains. I tried to go to work this morning but had to return at lunchtime.

I’ve only been anywhere near this ill with Covid after the first jab. The three times I caught it were really mild along with the side effects from the 2nd and 3rd jab.

Hoping to get back to work tomorrow but still feeling mega shite. There is a possibility I’ll not regret this move but at the moment, getting the jab was the complete wrong decision for me.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Unfortunately, this decision has backfired spectacularly. I was up all night with a high fever, aches and pains. I tried to go to work this morning but had to return at lunchtime.

I’ve only been anywhere near this ill with Covid after the first jab. The three times I caught it were really mild along with the side effects from the 2nd and 3rd jab.

Hoping to get back to work tomorrow but still feeling mega shite. There is a possibility I’ll not regret this move but at the moment, getting the jab was the complete wrong decision for me.
Wish you a speedy recovery and you made an understandable decision….personally I’m passing, but thats my decision and not up for discussion on here

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014

It's pot luck. My mother (age 90) and I had the covid jab and felt no more than a prick in the arm. No other side effects, by the time we got home we had forgotten (not literally) all about it.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Partner and I caught covid returning from Amsterdam. I’m fully jabbed as is she, but the new variants are out there. This set of symptoms is;

Killer headache (really bad)
Blocked up then runny nose
Persistent cough
Fever
Loss of appetite

Both tested positive this afternoon. Anyone else had it?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Partner and I caught covid returning from Amsterdam. I’m fully jabbed as is she, but the new variants are out there. This set of symptoms is;

Killer headache (really bad)
Blocked up then runny nose
Persistent cough
Fever
Loss of appetite

Both tested positive this afternoon. Anyone else had it?
My girlfriend tested positive on Sunday having felt pretty rough since Friday. No cough or fever for her though. Mostly she's exhausted and really stuffy.

I'm testing negative but also feeling reasonably grotty. I'm assuming I've got it :shrug:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
A week since diagnosis and I’m actually getting worse. More symptoms now than ever, sore throat, nausea, aching joints and limbs, cough, and nothing tastes right. It’s a bit of a nightmare to be honest

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here