Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Countryfile - the ultimate guilty pleasure?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The fab John Craven for starters.:thumbsup:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I love The Impressionist take on it where Julia is trying to escape from Cravern.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It was so much better when it was on in the mornings, there was more john craven and they talked about real issues.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i prefered the old lunchtime format for real rural people. its become a bit how the middle class, greeny urbanites think/want the countryside to be about.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
A great programme takes you away from the doom and gloom of International news and shows what is happening in the countryside.
Not to be missed

Agree with this, for me it is required viewing on a Sunday evening whilst eating my dinner...tonight it was jerk chicken with rice and peas whilst watching items about sea-horses and meadows...what a lovely way to round off the weekend.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Loved the stuff about meadows today. Also never been to that bit of coastline between Exmouth & Swanage, given me an idea for hols next year.

And that Ellie Harrison is easy on the eye too.....

[Blimey - just realised. Now over 1500 posts. Must get out more]

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yep Ellie very nice. Was expecting her to adopt a mermaid look for diving with the seahorses, but that may just have been me.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Its funny but they never show the really interesting stuff like intensive farming, the virtual slave labour of the crop pickers, Geneticaly Modified crops and the latest pesticides and herbicides.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Its funny but they never show the really interesting stuff like intensive farming, the virtual slave labour of the crop pickers, Geneticaly Modified crops and the latest pesticides and herbicides.

I think you are missing the point of the show! Turn over to Channel 4 for that kind of leftie stuff.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Guilty pleasure? Absolutely not. Essential Sunday evening viewing along with Antiques Roadshow.

Indeed, surely a guilty pleasure is something you know is shit/naff but enjoy anyway? Countryfile is neither shit of naff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here