Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Counselling services

Aug 1, 2006
Is anyone able to recommend a good counselling service in Brighton. It is for me personally. Have been struggling with anxiety and difficult things in my past recently to the point where it has become a problem and I want to do something about it but don’t really know where to start.

PMs welcome or any outright recommendations here too.

Apologies if this has been talked about a lot before and I missed it.

Is anyone able to recommend a good counselling service in Brighton. It is for me personally. Have been struggling with anxiety and difficult things in my past recently to the point where it has become a problem and I want to do something about it but don’t really know where to start.

Suggest you start with your GP and/or the local NHS Health in Mind service based at Hellingly - 0300 0030 130 www.healthinmind.org.uk.

There is also a 24/7 phone service on 0800 0309 500 if that is appropriate.

Wishing you well.

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022

I think asking for help is a great place to start. Well done for taking the first step on your road to recovery.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Hovegull is correct, you made a good decision to ask for help. Don't suffer in silence as others around often won't realize the struggles family or colleagues are going through. I wish you all the best in your recovery.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well done mate on speaking out. Not sure on Brighton area. I do know NHS takes ages and is set times and slots - if you can afford to go privately do that and get seen asap… It will 100% help and I have no shame in saying I’ve had help from professionals in the past - just someone understanding where you’re coming from and being empathetic makes you feel a lot more ‘normal’! All the best. Sheebo.

Aug 1, 2006
Well done mate on speaking out. Not sure on Brighton area. I do know NHS takes ages and is set times and slots - if you can afford to go privately do that and get seen asap… It will 100% help and I have no shame in saying I’ve had help from professionals in the past - just someone understanding where you’re coming from and being empathetic makes you feel a lot more ‘normal’! All the best. Sheebo.
Thanks all, support appreciated. I think this is right NHS good but has taken ages in past and have just reached a point where I want to see someone asap. Will try Rock Clinic maybe.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I can recommend The Rock Clinic.

They've got two locations and were very helpful to me a few years ago.

Seconded.

Their rates prices are reasonable, the number of sessions unlimited, long opening hours, you explain the help and seniority you need then they match you with the right person.

Good luck on getting better.

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022

Like other replies brilliant that you have asked for help.I to have suffered over the years with anxiety and depression and have tried various approaches to try and recover.
I have recently been speaking to a chap named Clem Turner,all done on zoom.He is a hypnotherapist and has given me a lot of other tools to help when the rubbish is on me.This is his phone number 07958 689377 give him a bell and see what you think he has been the most helpful person I’ve ever spoken to in relation to my mental health and believe me I have had alot of searching for help.Give him a bell bud I’m sure it will be helpful
Good luck mate
UTA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here