Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Copa America - All games on BBC

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Looks like the Brazilian team might boycott the tournament... in their own country. They dont want to play because of the Covid situation as people would definitely get together and watch games and celebrate and so forth.

Problem is that president Bolsanero wants them to play, or he is threatening to replace the whole team. But if he gets involved in the process, Brazil will very likely be banned from international football, hence missing the World Cup for the first time in history.. .and probably neither fans or players would want that.

Difficult situation. As it stands its probably 50/50 if the tournament starts in 5 days like its supposed to or if it gets postponed/cancelled.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Oh dear.

It's on at the same time as the Euros

My Mrs is going to kick my ass out of the house with all the football on, so if anyone has a comfy sofa or knows a good divorce lawyer, i'll be in your debt.

Should have selected your wife a bit more carefully.:)

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Shame for the lad - but hardly surprising given how relatively little playing time he's had this season. Really hope he breaks through and becomes a regular next season.

It is a shame, but there's no rush. He's a year younger than Ben White and look where he was a year ago, slumming it up north in the lower leagues.

From what weve seen already, for one so young, Alexis will be a star.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here