Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Congratulations to Hereford

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
Hereford beat Woking in the FA Trophy semi-final this afternoon and will face Hornchurch (who caused another upset by defeating Notts County) in the Wembley final!

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Sorry can`t stick their fans . Travelling up to Withdean one weekend on the train , rail repairs meant we had to travel all round the houses , had to change twice at Woking and Clapham i think , anyway there was a smorgasbord of different fans on the train between Woking and Clapham including one Hereford fan who spent the journey trying to start trouble for me with anyone who would listen on how we cheated them ? . He was with a couple of Chelsea lads who ended up telling him to wind his neck in , i was wearing our colour`s and would never sully them but even as a easy going sort , regretfully and ashamedly i wanted to squash him like a bug . Since then i have seen how wonderfully well behaved their fans are on youtube since we sent them down .

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
So they were about 20 minutes from building their own Amex stadium. Sorry, just a little joke there.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sorry can`t stick their fans . Travelling up to Withdean one weekend on the train , rail repairs meant we had to travel all round the houses , had to change twice at Woking and Clapham i think , anyway there was a smorgasbord of different fans on the train between Woking and Clapham including one Hereford fan who spent the journey trying to start trouble for me with anyone who would listen on how we cheated them ? . He was with a couple of Chelsea lads who ended up telling him to wind his neck in , i was wearing our colour`s and would never sully them but even as a easy going sort , regretfully and ashamedly i wanted to squash him like a bug . Since then i have seen how wonderfully well behaved their fans are on youtube since we sent them down .

I have no axe at all to grind with the average Hereford fan, their plummet down the football pyramid would probably have happened to us, if that result at Edgar Street in the relegation decider had gone their way .Lady luck was on our side that day.

They did get revenge of a sort a few years later, when as a non league club, they knocked us out of the FA Cup.

PFW

Feb 16, 2017
The foot hills of Norfolk
Having lived in Woking for over 20 years, I have a soft spot for the club, been to many a game at Kingfield. Typical Woking, beating National Premier League teams all the way to the semis, Then lose to an 'underdog' with another visit to Wembley within their grasp

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here