Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Confession

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bloody hell Bozza: I go away from NSC for a bit and this happens?

Welcome to the dark side.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
As we're on the subject, I'm going to put a shout in for First Aid Kit, who, despite being Swedish, have- in my humble opinion- a fantastic country/ folk sound. Saw them at the Dome a couple of years ago. They were ace.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
As we're on the subject, I'm going to put a shout in for First Aid Kit, who, despite being Swedish, have- in my humble opinion- a fantastic country/ folk sound. Saw them at the Dome a couple of years ago. They were ace.
I LOVE First Aid Kit.

Absolutely brilliant and I'm very jealous that you've seen them live. I recall Mark Radcliffe saying that they were possibly the best live singers he'd ever heard when they did a couple of tunes on his show.

And there's this....

https://youtu.be/Hi5A9OCAyIk

Approval from the top.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I LOVE First Aid Kit.

Absolutely brilliant and I'm very jealous that you've seen them live. I recall Mark Radcliffe saying that they were possibly the best live singers he'd ever heard when they did a couple of tunes on his show.

And there's this....

https://youtu.be/Hi5A9OCAyIk

Approval from the top.

I adore that song, it's beautiful, and having Emmylou Harris there was a real moment, wasn't it? Their vocal harmonies are so good. And yes, they were excellent live. I think they wanted to do the Dome when they came to Brighton because of its ABBA history :smile:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I adore that song, it's beautiful, and having Emmylou Harris there was a real moment, wasn't it? Their vocal harmonies are so good. And yes, they were excellent live. I think they wanted to do the Dome when they came to Brighton because of its ABBA history :smile:

That wouldn't surprise me as they really know their music.

Re the harmonies, I can't even work out who is doing which bit sometimes.

It's what Radcliffe said. He'd never never heard anything like it. They're really, really good.

And yes, that video makes me well up every time.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
What form of country music genre are you getting into [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]?
I love most of the new stuff that’s on the circuit currently and could recommend loads worth listening to.
I listen any country pretty much from the 70s as well as right up to date.
I also play and sing a lot as well and can be found on Soundcloud.

Recent legends include George Strait, Alan Jackson, Brad Paisley, Luke Combs, Scotty MCreery, Chris Stapleton, Toby Keith and many more besides.

Happy to divulge further if you need.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here