Colunga Loaned Out

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Just reflecting on the word 'expansive'. Its a shame CH hasn't cottoned on to using it.

May be he will in time. But as much as l like to see exciting, attacking, passing football, l think it's important he concentrates on making us hard to beat first, and keeping us in this division.

I don't mind seeing the long ball being used when necessary!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
That is an assumption as well. Why can't it be as simple as Granada contacting the club, who then told Colunga, who then said yes he would like to go, and Hughton, being a gent that he is, didn't stand in his way :shrug:

True, but then it's all assumption isn't it? None of us know the exact reason!

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
May be he will in time. But as much as l like to see exciting, attacking, passing football, l think it's important he concentrates on making us hard to beat first, and keeping us in this division.

I don't mind seeing the long ball being used when necessary!

I agree as Greer should have done instead of the 5 yard pass to JFC, who's poor control led to Arsenal's third goal, when it should either have been put in row Z or the other end of the pitch.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
That is an assumption as well. Why can't it be as simple as Granada contacting the club, who then told Colunga, who then said yes he would like to go, and Hughton, being a gent that he is, didn't stand in his way :shrug:

Aren't you making several assumptions there!?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Thanks CWWW - so much talk of recovering the transfer fee, what do these people know?

All the news reports stated an "undisclosed" fee probably due to the official website mentioning it. (Striker signs - August 24th 2014)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

My opinion is that Colunga couldn't settle in England and asked his agent to find a Spanish club willing to take him on loan with a view to buy.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
More suggesting a scenario than an assumption. An assumption is stating something as if it were fact like “Obviously Hughton didn’t rate him”or “he doesn't fit into how Hughton likes to set up his sides.” There is a difference.

I'm not disputing your scenario - it may well be accurate, but it is built on several assumptions.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Not really. The negative assumptions ring true to a player like Harley or Kemy, but do not apply to Colunga. Assumptions can be light or dark but I see no reason in his case to see the latter because many on here saw, like me, the quality that he offered.

Hey, l'm not arguing with you, l like him too!, and on his day, against the right sort of opposition, l think he has something to offer too, but Hughton, in the past, has usually set up his teams to play to a more direct physical style, and equally l can see how Colunga might not fit into that system of play.

This board is all about opinions and assumptions. There is rarely a right or wrong answer to something.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Hey, l'm not arguing with you, l like him too!, and on his day, against the right sort of opposition, l think he has something to offer too, but Hughton, in the past, has usually set up his teams to play to a more direct physical style, and equally l can see how Colunga might not fit into that system of play.

This board is all about opinions and assumptions. There is rarely a right or wrong answer to something.

I'm not arguing either and this has gone right off track from the point of a comment I made earlier. Even BW has got in on the act, that's NSC for you :shrug:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Oh so your only point is you are trying to be smart. I gave you what you needed in my last post.

Bit OTT. I certainly agree with you that Colunga made a good (not great IMHO) contribution to the cause.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I agree as Greer should have done instead of the 5 yard pass to JFC, who's poor control led to Arsenal's third goal, when it should either have been put in row Z or the other end of the pitch.

It was Dunk's pass and Holla's poor control...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports