Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colourised historic pictures...

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
You obviously don't know your uniforms as I do! I can understand why the untrained eye might see little difference between the two wars. Go do some googling and you'll see. Pretty obvious if you take a closer look. I think the fact someone's used western front as a description and then put date as 1939 is likely because they were thinking about ww2 at the time. We all do it sometimes, write something different to what we intended because we're thinking about something to do with at the time. But anyway, it's a mistake - see if you can spot!
No I don't know enough about British army uniforms through the ages and I'm certainly not that much of an anorak to google it. But I've seen other pictures of the BEF in 1939 and have always been struck by the similarities between British soldiers at the end of WW1 and the start of WW2. However I'm not going to argue the point - but if you think they were wearing tin hats in 1914 then there are some pretty fundamental gaps in your knowledge too!

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I loved the pics...the people of the past just seem normal when seen in colour.

The captions are a little loose . Am I the only plonker who read the one about Goebbels as saying that he himself was Jewish? It was the photographer.....:ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here