Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Coaching

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Who am I to tell RDZ and his team anything about coaching but here’s my two pennies worth. Can you please improve the following my dear Roberto:

Mitoma tracking their winger – he is so slow in speed of thought and sprinting back. Cost us goals time and time again (Villa and today to name but two).

Estupinian and using his right foot. Can barely do it. So one sided it’s embarrassing. Cost us goals V Villa with the ridiculous own goal and very nearly Ajax in the week dallying on the ball trying to get to use his left foot.

Baleba knowing when to turn round and run forward with his power and when to play it simple. Looked like a geriatric in a 5-aside match when he came on at times today. He’s 20 and fresh!

JP – his shooting is really bad from open play. The Man Utd one was good but a bit of a fortunate side foot imho. He often side foots it over (see Liverpool and today’s chance). Ice cool from 12 yards, leans back other times.

Buonanotte – maybe turn outside and use your right foot. 2 for 1 training session with Pervis?

Adringra – someone teach him how to take a bloody throw in!

All these things keep on happening. Anyone notice anything else?

For the record, RDZ is the best manager we’ve ever had and his reaction to our goal today was a thing of beauty. Gutted we didn’t push on.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Who am I to tell RDZ and his team anything about coaching but here’s my two pennies worth. Can you please improve the following my dear Roberto:

Mitoma tracking their winger – he is so slow in speed of thought and sprinting back. Cost us goals time and time again (Villa and today to name but two).

Estupinian and using his right foot. Can barely do it. So one sided it’s embarrassing. Cost us goals V Villa with the ridiculous own goal and very nearly Ajax in the week dallying on the ball trying to get to use his left foot.

Baleba knowing when to turn round and run forward with his power and when to play it simple. Looked like a geriatric in a 5-aside match when he came on at times today. He’s 20 and fresh!

JP – his shooting is really bad from open play. The Man Utd one was good but a bit of a fortunate side foot imho. He often side foots it over (see Liverpool and today’s chance). Ice cool from 12 yards, leans back other times.

Buonanotte – maybe turn outside and use your right foot. 2 for 1 training session with Pervis?

Adringra – someone teach him how to take a bloody throw in!

All these things keep on happening. Anyone notice anything else?

For the record, RDZ is the best manager we’ve ever had and his reaction to our goal today was a thing of beauty. Gutted we didn’t push on.
It seems a bit picky given what the team has achieved, but I agree with much of what you say. In particular I don’t think our wide players are good at tracking back the opposition wide players - other than Solly, who we won’t have for a while.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Not a RDZ thing at all.

Just our entire PL era corners thing. I know people will say goals very rarely stem from corners for all PL clubs.

But we seem particularly shite. Poor delivery and a phalanx of giant CB’s who head 2’ over the crossbar. Duffy possibly the last CB who carried a threat.
Think I read something that stated only 6% of dead ball opportunities lead to a goal
free kicks and corners I mean
before mr P Endantic pops up 🤣

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Vary the set piece taker. Gross is so inconsistent. March’s injury has not helped but someone else must be able to take a flipping corner. I’m not saying Gross never takes them but just vary it.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Also teach Mitoma when to release the ball. many times there are players in good positions and he tries to continue to the by-line then gives away a goal kick, or he tries to shoot from a really poor angle. He also needs to learn to track back.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Also teach Mitoma when to release the ball. many times there are players in good positions and he tries to continue to the by-line then gives away a goal kick, or he tries to shoot from a really poor angle. He also needs to learn to track back.
Yes, very noticeable today that he shot from an angle 2 or 3 times instead of cutting it back for Joao Pedro. If Pedro could shoot straight he might have scored a couple.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Yes, very noticeable today that he shot from an angle 2 or 3 times instead of cutting it back for Joao Pedro. If Pedro could shoot straight he might have scored a couple.
The two things may well be related. Given Pedro's seeming inabilty to even get it on target from open play, Mitoma may well be reluctant to cut it back to him to shoot!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Think I read something that stated only 6% of dead ball opportunities lead to a goal
free kicks and corners I mean
before mr P Endantic pops up 🤣

2023/24 so far, goals from set pieces:

IMG_1894.png

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
It's irrelevant. Mitoma is still making the wrong choice. This may be the thing that means we keep him though as the big six are unlikely to want to buy a winger they have to actually train when they can just buy another one they don't have to.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
So our players do everything perfectly Mitoma becomes the complete super winger and Pedro hits the back of the net nine times out of ten. We all know the answer we either couldn’t afford them in the first place or they stay for one season and leave sharpish to earn £200k a week.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
This place is intolerable whe the correct result for the game doesn't occur.

Deluded, entitled bedwetting idiots thrashing around like toddlers who don't get their own way.

To those acting this way, you don't deserve DeZerbi, don't deserve the incredible football and incredible experiences being provided.

Unbelievable.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not a RDZ thing at all.

Just our entire PL era corners thing. I know people will say goals very rarely stem from corners for all PL clubs.

But we seem particularly shite. Poor delivery and a phalanx of giant CB’s who head 2’ over the crossbar. Duffy possibly the last CB who carried a threat.
Nobody could accuse Van Hecke of doing that yesterday. He came up for an attack, leapt like a salmon, headed the ball downwards with accuracy and power. Unfortunately so much power that before reaching the goal it hit the ground first and... bounced 2' over the crossbar :lolol:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Dear Roberto a great coach should also be a lucky coach. Can you please make sure we don't have so many injuries, so that players can be selected based on their fitness and form, rather than their availability.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here