Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Co-working space recommendations

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I've been working from home full time for a year now and the novelty has most certainly worn off. So I've made the decision that I'm going to try to find somewhere a couple days per week to get me out of the house and regain some level of sanity.

Anyone got any recommendations? I'd be looking at 2/3 days per week, preferably the ability to use a monitor and dive into a room to take calls if need be.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
There are quite a lot out there if you search but they tend to be prohibitively expensive. Werks is probably the cheapest, they have spaces in Middle Street and Hove for a tenner a day.

I prefer to use that money to support the libraries by working in them and getting a couple of drinks. Always nice and usually quiet enough to find somewhere for meetings unless you're doing presentations and all that.

A lot of cafes have dedicated spaces now. Half of the Flour Pot by Hove Station is for working.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I work at Platf9rm in Hove Town Hall and it's great. Lots of different types of work space, quiet rooms, meeting rooms, sofa areas. Free tea and coffee, beers on Fridat.

I pay £160 a month plus VAT for 80 hours(but frequently do a lot more and no one seems to mind). They also do 40 a month options. There's lockers to rent at an extra charge which lots of people do to keep their monitors here.

There's also on in Brighton

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I actually looked at platform and seems like a good fit. Great that you can use a monitor. It's a bit of a dealbreaker if I have to hunch over my laptop all day. I might pop down and have a look.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here