Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS + Ulloa

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The 25 mins in the 2nd half before Ulloa was subbed were easily our best, and CMS looked dangerous again. The difference in him when Vicente replaced Ulloa was noticeable.

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
One of the only positives today. Looked good together. Ulloa looks a player! Macca looked hungry!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Hope you enjoyed it, probably won't see it again for a while unfortunately. Unless of course we go 2 down in another game

Probably more likely now that Barnes is suspended.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Sounds like Gus is aware of this, but took Ulloa off because the ref was gunning for him

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
The upside of Barnes' suspension will be hopefully seeing CMS and Ulloa together.

Buck

Through & Through
Feb 18, 2009
Not Lewes Any More
The thing is, CMS looks so much happier when up front with someone else. Really is thankless task always doing all the work on his own. Really hope they start together next week, but I just can't see it happening.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I fear it will be Crofts for Barnes, but hope for CMS

Dear God that would be a depressingly defensive formation at home... I'm hoping worst case scenario is either Buckley is fit or Vicente with a midfield of Orlandi, Hammond, Bridcutt and Lopez behind CMS and Ulloa as the preferred line-up.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
from what i heard of the commentators they gel'd together very well, i would love to see them start together.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think we shall see the Ulloa & CMS combination in the next 2 home games but would be surprised if it is used away from home unless they start really turning it on in the home games together.

akipling

Jan 12, 2010
Morecambe
The 25 mins in the 2nd half before Ulloa was subbed were easily our best, and CMS looked dangerous again. The difference in him when Vicente replaced Ulloa was noticeable.

This. Absolutely, looked far more menacing at 442 but is this possible with bridcutt I'm not sure? As a fan chasing a game I was a lot more happier with the 'gambling' approach but fear it won't be used straight from the off. Can I also say at the chance of being shot down -I don't actually see the point of Vicente. Maybe he is above our level but his last 3 appearances have brought nothing extra to the table. Time to re-assess

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
How about a straight swap - CMS for Barnes.
Lopez can go right, Orlandi left in a 442.
If the formation is not working go back to the usual 433 with CMS playing as one of the wide strikers

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Have to play them togrther. We were excellent today with them both on. First time I've seen CMS play with a smile on his face in ages. He had space to breathe and looked really dangerous with Leo taking defenders out of his way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here