Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Closure of Brighton public toilets

astralavi

Apr 6, 2017
Plans for more public toilets to be closed permanently, for example Preston Park, there are many others in important parts of the city that will be closed and will be very few left. The Argus lists them here

There is a petition against this here

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I often wonder where the public lavs are in Brighton. On route to the Amex l need a brief toilet stop these days, (it's my age you know), & l am getting a reputation in the HobGoblin, not for drinking their beer, but for popping in to use their conveniences. I'm sure they will ban me soon.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
East hill park and Victoria park loos closing too.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I often wonder where the public lavs are in Brighton. On route to the Amex l need a brief toilet stop these days, (it's my age you know), & l am getting a reputation in the HobGoblin, not for drinking their beer, but for popping in to use their conveniences. I'm sure they will ban me soon.
Decathlon, North St (fantastic khazis, 8/10)
Sainsbury’s off London Road (6/10)

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I had to piss in a bush on New Year’s Eve due to the lack of Public Toilets, a real shame.
Expect to see a lot more of this, particularly from the high amount of wasters around Pavilion Gardens for example.

I dunno, one thing I expect from any Government/Council is to provide enough public bogs for it's public.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Surely not having people pissing in the street should be a priority for a local council? Although Western Road is a dump and needs tarting-up wouldn't that money be better spent on toilets, street cleaning and grafitti busting?

Last edited:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Expect to see a lot more of this, particularly from the high amount of wasters around Pavilion Gardens for example.

I dunno, one thing I expect from any Government/Council is to provide enough public bogs for it's public.
Had a horrible moment when I almost shit myself in Hove and had to run home, a truly frightening experience.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Plans for more public toilets to be closed permanently, for example Preston Park, there are many others in important parts of the city that will be closed and will be very few left. The Argus lists them here

There is a petition against this here

How do you get a hyperlink to have that heading and picture and blue box? When I've inserted a hyperlink, it just looks like this https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/23244027.full-list-public-toilets-brighton-close-due-cuts/

Gonzo BHA

Sep 3, 2004
BN1
Sounds like you're taking the piss.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Surely not having people pissing in the street should be a priority for a local council? Although Western Road is a dump and needs tarting-up wouldn't that money be better spent on toilets, street cleaning and grafitti busting?

I like the Amsterdam approach on this. Urinals that pop up out of the ground in the evening. No excuse for peeing anywhere else, so they don't tolerate it. Get caught having a slash anywhere else and you're off to the nick for a few hours, sorting out the hefty fine. We could do with that approach a bit more on a lot of things, I think. Provide proper options (we don't usually bother), but then have zero tolerance for those that don't use them.

Anyway, I'll definitely be signing that petition. Public toilets are exactly the sort of stuff public services need to be doing. As usual, can't rely on the private sector for the grimmer jobs. There's no money in people spending a penny.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here