Clapping away fans.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why don't you ****ing tell them that at the ****ing ground for **** sake if they are actually sat in front of you then have a quiet word jesus christ no need to come on here and preach about it, so completely pathetic.

This.

Bloody tell them it if irks you that much, or at least put your seat number, row and stand up.

BFC

Jan 18, 2015
They were possibly the quietest away fans at the Amex so far. Obviously loads of day trippers as I'm sure Brentford used to bring about 500 fans when we played them at Withdean.

The Withdean was, as you well know, a dive, but we sold out there at least once and our worst following there was a Tuesday night game when we were abysmal.

We're a small club who until this season were averaging about 8,000 and our away support as a percentage of our home followings has always been excellent. Would have been a few "day trippers" but we're taking well over 1,000 most places this season and did to plenty last.

As for clapping away fans, just don't, if you must respond to the away attendance announcement it should be abusive.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
The Withdean was, as you well know, a dive, but we sold out there at least once and our worst following there was a Tuesday night game when we were abysmal.

We're a small club who until this season were averaging about 8,000 and our away support as a percentage of our home followings has always been excellent. Would have been a few "day trippers" but we're taking well over 1,000 most places this season and did to plenty last.

As for clapping away fans, just don't, if you must respond to the away attendance announcement it should be abusive.

Hi BFC. Thanks for your post.

The announcement of the away fan number and the resultant clapping or derision is something that really splits opinion of the Amex faithful. I personally like to know how many we take away and am interested in the number of away fans that visit our ground. Not rocket science but just general geekery in me that does it.

I agree with you that it should be met with relative impoliteness and derision rather than clapping. I would favour a rousing chorus of 'is that all you take away?'

BFC

Jan 18, 2015
Hi BFC. Thanks for your post.

The announcement of the away fan number and the resultant clapping or derision is something that really splits opinion of the Amex faithful. I personally like to know how many we take away and am interested in the number of away fans that visit our ground. Not rocket science but just general geekery in me that does it.

I agree with you that it should be met with relative impoliteness and derision rather than clapping. I would favour a rousing chorus of 'is that all you take away?'

You're welcome and thanks for the response.

I'd definitely say the announcement of the away following should be met with anything but applause (even just ignoring it would be preferable), but derision or general abuse is far more preferable. I find it interesting and always want to know our away followings and what teams bring to GP (we don't announce it, but everyone bar Rotherham has unsurprisingly sold out at ours this season). Clapping it is ridiculous in my opinion, football is tribal and passionate, us against them, the away fans are in your area and shouldn't be clapped for it.

Quinny

Banned
Jul 27, 2014
I personally think it's a lovely gesture, shows our sportsmanship and shows the world how respectful Brighton fans are. I'm all for it

I personally think it's a lovely gesture, shows our sportsmanship and shows the world how respectful Brighton fans are. I'm all for it

I agree with this but only when they've travelled a long way and the home team has won the game. you wouldn't have ever wanted to clap the Palace fans when we were last there at the Amex would you:thumbsup:

Ps Nsc looks much better now it's had a revamp

Seriously?

Don't get me wrong here, I certainly wouldn't want to regress back to the 80's 90's type stuff (too old for a start) but Away fans should not be treated like we do.

Coloured lighting in their home colour, their legends on the walls, leaflets with "Thank you for coming" Blah Blah Blah.

Or maybe I just got old.

Northern Monkey

Dec 5, 2012
Seriously?

Don't get me wrong here, I certainly wouldn't want to regress back to the 80's 90's type stuff (too old for a start) but Away fans should not be treated like we do.

Coloured lighting in their home colour, their legends on the walls, leaflets with "Thank you for coming" Blah Blah Blah.

Or maybe I just got old.

I'm with you on this one. Away fans should not be made to feel comfortable. Of course it hasn't helped this season that we've extended the same courtesy to away teams and made sure their visit is a rewarding one.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If 500 have made the trip from Bradford, fair play to them. But clapping a bunch of London day tippers! **** that. The lady next to me usually claps, and I grab her arm to stop her (I'm lucky she doesn't slap me). Yesterday she saw sense and refrained (from clapping, not slapping).

Seriously?

I don't mind the management treating them well, they have paid to visit etc, as long as the fans aren't too polite during the game. Before and after the game, fine, we can be friendly, but during the game it's war and they're a bunch of ****ing ******s.

Quinny

Banned
Jul 27, 2014
I agree with this but only when they've travelled a long way and the home team has won the game. you wouldn't have ever wanted to clap the Palace fans when we were last there at the Amex would you:thumbsup:

Ps Nsc looks much better now it's had a revamp

I know this will go against the grain but Palace fans do create one hell of an atmosphere at their ground and pretty much everywhere they go, watched the Tottenham match last weekend and their crowd were phenomenally noisy. Compare that to The Amex and well there really is none

I know this will go against the grain but Palace fans do create one hell of an atmosphere at their ground and pretty much everywhere they go, watched the Tottenham match last weekend and their crowd were phenomenally noisy. Compare that to The Amex and well there really is none

You are aware that the words to one of our old songs in your signature are wrong don't you?

Just saying like.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Out of all the new comfy happy clappy crap that modern fans are meant to conform to this boils my piss more than anything else.
I do not ****ing care how many away fans have turned up and like **** am I going to clap them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports