Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] City fans.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
A friend of mine was a big city fan, going back to the days of Bell, Lee and Summerbee. He was ecstatic about the winning and money to begin with but you could see a gradual erosion of his enthusiasm for city as every season passed. Winning and having all the best players money can buy became tedious for him.

He lived in Bristol for a bit and went to Rovers games whilst he was there, so that’s where he goes these days for his football fix. I’ve tried to talk to him about city but he simply says he doesn’t support them anymore he likes Bristol Rovers. I can’t ever imagine walking away from our club but there you go. I bet he’s not alone.
I completely get where he is coming from. I think I would do the same if Tony ever sold out to the Arabs. I wouldn’t see the point in supporting a club like that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Part of the joy of football, and indeed sport as a whole, has to be the unpredictability and the “thrill of the chase”, the idea anything could happen. But when you’re a City fan, that must just vanish as you know in advance you’re going to win basically every game in a season.

Personally I lost any respect for them when they were acting like utter bellends at Wembley in 2019.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Winning the league again with the most expensive squad again is a bit Meh for me.

Par for the course, no one should be able to touch them. They have underachieved in Europe.

And done it all by (possibly) cheating FFP.

To paraphrase cloughie they can dump all their medals because they are all tainted).

I have little faith that the premier league investigations are going to conclude the truth of what they have done. Expensive lawyers seem to be skewing the process some what.

I am not really sure what we are all supposed to be impressed by.

Fwiw I hated United with a passion under Fergie but also respected what they did.

City? Meh! Hardly a blip on the radar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here