Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Convinced he ran more in the few minutes he had than in 6 months with us

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It was great to see Akpom back at the Amex last night showing all the skill, energy and passion that made him a club legend in 2017.

im just gutted that heā€™s chosen to represent Nigeria rather than England as it will reduce our chances of winning the next World Cup.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It was great to see Akpom back at the Amex last night showing all the skill, energy and passion that made him a club legend in 2017.

im just gutted that heā€™s chosen to represent Nigeria rather than England as it will reduce our chances of winning the next World Cup.
Disappointed we didnā€™t give him some applause when he came on, especially given all that effort he put inā€¦..

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
He made a big impact when he came on last night:
IMG_3398.png

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
My lasting memory of Akpom is from sometime in Spring 17, perhaps before the QPR or Burton game, when I took my daughter to the Amex three hours before the game to get autographs. The players were great, all arriving within 15 minutes of reach other, they all signed her program, Bruno posed for a photo with her, and they all went into the ground. We were heading down to the shop when Akpom drove past us to the players car park in this massive four wheel drive thing, easily the most showy and probably most expensive car of all the players. Second later he comes sprinting out of the car park and up to the players entrance, clearly late, no time to stop.

It was just so obvious really, young kid on a mega bucks deal at a huge premier league club like Arsenal was never going to fit in to a championship club like ours built on hard work and togetherness. Fast forward five years and he's got his shit together enough to succeed in the championship. Ajax move is a weird one, but good luck to him.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Chatting to an Ajax grab on the bus after the game. He had nothing move to say about Sven Mislintat, the ex Arsenal head of recruitment who was sacked last month after a few mon the in the job. Brought in a lot of players in the last window, including Akpom I think, all through agents he knew. Allegedly got a kick back on all of them. All of them crap.

Fans are furious about it.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

I didn't know you were Nigerian...?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here