Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chrystal Palace for sale. £750 million valuation apparently:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Pretty sure Ron Noades managed to sell the club and keep the stadium.

There was at least two others too, Charlton, Wrexham?

But the small group structures now, such as ours, have a parent company, with at least two subsidiaries. One owning the stadium/training ground, the other everything else. Only an idiot would spend £100m’s only purchasing the latter. They’d be servile to rent increases and not own the estate. A few bad footballing seasons/transfer deals and their huge investment would be worth zero.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
There was at least two others too, Charlton, Wrexham?

But the small group structures now, such as ours, have a parent company, with at least two subsidiaries. One owning the stadium/training ground, the other everything else. Only an idiot would spend £100m’s only purchasing the latter. They’d be servile to rent increases and not own the estate. A few bad footballing seasons/transfer deals and their huge investment would be worth zero.
I am almost certain you are correct, but it wouldn't surprise me if the current owners tried it on.
Just made me think actually, is Textor selling Eagle Group Holdings, which includes half of CPFC and his stakes in other clubs, perhaps? That would make a £750M valuation a bit more realistic. Or is it Textor and Beaky, selling all of Smoke and Mirrors, CPFC2010, Selhurst Stadium, and any other companies tied to the football club, as a package?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So £200m for a new stand? You can't polish a turd

So will St Johnson Amb get more than 3p in pound when they're sold?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I am almost certain you are correct, but it wouldn't surprise me if the current owners tried it on.
Just made me think actually, is Textor selling Eagle Group Holdings, which includes half of CPFC and his stakes in other clubs, perhaps? That would make a £750M valuation a bit more realistic. Or is it Textor and Beaky, selling all of Smoke and Mirrors, CPFC2010, Selhurst Stadium, and any other companies tied to the football club, as a package?

Definitely. Tottenham tried to get a colossal investment from a Qatari? fund with Levy/Lewis not relinquishing any true control, but ultimately the state running the fund were switched on. People will try to have their cake and eat it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Also, CPFC seem to make all these moves in full public glare, Parish can’t stop talking. The best run clubs deal with big financial moves privately, only announcing signed deals.

PR to appease the whinging fanbase?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
VFM?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I’ll give them £4.01 for it and not a penny more

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
£170m to rebuild a stand just shows that £100m to build the Amex was great value.
To be fair the Amex would probably be at least double to build now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here