Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chronic case of asthma in the Liverpool squad !!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Ha, yeh, that one has been swirling around for a little while.

No idea as to the truth or otherwise of it, but let's say it doesn't strike me as totally implausible

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
This is fairly common throughout sport, almost every top athlete has asthma. Which is extraordinarily improbable.

Or, is it? What causes asthma? Are some people just naturally sporty from a young age so spend a lot of time in the outdoors and develop it as a result? I don't know enough but I'm not surprised a large percentage of the Liverpool squad claims to have asthma, almost every professional cyclist has it too.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Liverpool has one of the highest if not highest, rates of asthma in the country. Still wouldn't give a reasonable explanation for this were it true though.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I’ve seen more of this and given the rumours around British cycling and inhalers does look a bit dodge. When I was at school the asthmatic kids were definitely not the ones good at sport

SAC

May 21, 2014
Sounds very iffy but before I start to slag off Liverpool it would be nice to know what the figures are for other clubs.

People have been saying for years that there is a performance enhancing drugs problem within football. It gets covered up as there is so much money in the sport.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sounds very iffy but before I start to slag off Liverpool it would be nice to know what the figures are for other clubs.

People have been saying for years that there is a performance enhancing drugs problem within football. It gets covered up as there is so much money in the sport.

There was this story very recently

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-failed-drugs-test-26730023.amp

I’m very confident clubs do their own testing as well as a few footballers seemed to disappear for long periods with ‘injuries’ which seemed suspect. Even more so when some have been involved in ‘drink driving’ incidents or similar

Was some suggestions a few players have been addicted to things like Xanax etc as well

SAC

May 21, 2014
There was this story very recently

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-failed-drugs-test-26730023.amp

I’m very confident clubs do their own testing as well as a few footballers seemed to disappear for long periods with ‘injuries’ which seemed suspect. Even more so when some have been involved in ‘drink driving’ incidents or similar

Was some suggestions a few players have been addicted to things like Xanax etc as well

15 players test positive, none of them get named. Other players will see this and realise they can get away with it.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here