Votes: 6 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
cheese board, but its a bit much to call this a pudding - its an hour-long affair to be undertaken when its a bit later at night, approx 9pm, and with a big old glass of port. Sweet things will feature on this cheese board - there'll be grapes, perhaps an eccles cake or two, maybe even a sliver or two of christmas cake (with a mature cheddar, WOOF) and will feature at least four cheeses, and a range of crackers.
it'll then be crowned by a delightful speyside. Tamdhu 15 this year, i believe, and some really good dark chocolate. Classic pairing, dark choc and a good whisky
With you 100% on all the above.
If you get a chance, get yourself some Penderyn Portswood cask single malt.
It's welsh, and I'd never heard of it until about a year ago.
I absolutely love a single malt and have a varied collection.
Penderyn is my favourite now, bit pricey at circa £60 a bottle, but oh my 😍

I’ve had the standard Penderyn, it’s a belter - but in a port cask too? Bloody hell, I’d love a bash of it! I’d hope to see it in a whisky bar or something similar so I could try it first, before dropping £60 on a bottle - I’m adventurous but not that adventurous 🤣

Seagull Stew

Pavlova anyone?

Pav.jpg

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Christmas Pudding from the Harvey's shop on Lewes. Absolutely love it. Usually end up buying a few more as friends that have tried it ask if I can get one for them.

To be accompanied by a bottle of Belgian Bush de Noël beer.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The genuine answer is that if you need a dessert you’ve not done Christmas dinner properly, you should be so full of stuffing, sprouts and pigs in blankets that the very idea of additional food is unthinkable. A cheeseboard about five hours later is acceptable.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The genuine answer is that if you need a dessert you’ve not done Christmas dinner properly, you should be so full of stuffing, sprouts and pigs in blankets that the very idea of additional food is unthinkable. A cheeseboard about five hours later is acceptable.
For me there has to be a small interlude between main course and pudding. Generally if we have Xmas lunch at home it's 11:45am for noon start. Starters out for about 12:15, main course then follows shortly before 1 and then an hour's gap to pudding around 1:45.

Then we'll have nibbles around 4pm, tea about 5:30 and on occasion supper around 9:30.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Whilst I've voted Christmast Pudding and Custard, I still struggle with indoor hot Christmas dinner and so its all a bit weird....Have contemplated traipsing across the globe for an Australian christmas to show the team here what they are missing, but as yet no one seems keen, and to be honest it probably isn't the same anymore now we are all grown. Pudding is great, as long as it is after a day of eating cold cuts of 100 different varieties at several different houses, playing cricket until all the cricket balls are lost and the argument about whether someone is out or not descends to wrestling, or someone has stolen the stumps, watching cricket on tv and being told to shut up 47 times by those trying to watch it, or someone trying to change the channel to bathurst reruns, losing small children to neighouring houses, and having people come over your never expected or people not turning up as they went to someone elses...jumping in and out of the pool and traipsing water through the house and all over presents and opening presents such as 4711 eu de cologne and a years supply of fruit tingles..sorry got all nostaligic there!! I blame the pavlova above!!

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
For me there has to be a small interlude between main course and pudding. Generally if we have Xmas lunch at home it's 11:45am for noon start. Starters out for about 12:15, main course then follows shortly before 1 and then an hour's gap to pudding around 1:45.

Then we'll have nibbles around 4pm, tea about 5:30 and on occasion supper around 9:30.
usually we would pull the crackers with the winners telling the jokes within, then we would do toasts / speeches between mains and pud

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I’ve had the standard Penderyn, it’s a belter - but in a port cask too? Bloody hell, I’d love a bash of it! I’d hope to see it in a whisky bar or something similar so I could try it first, before dropping £60 on a bottle - I’m adventurous but not that adventurous 🤣
Penderyn Portswood is yours for £49.40 in a Master of Malt 'flash sale' currently... merry christmas! https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/penderyn/penderyn-portwood-whisky/

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
We’ll be cracking open the tinned fruit 🍽️
Good choice.

There aren't many things more joyous than tinned fruit after a moist roasted bird for lunch, usually we have fruit cocktail in fruit juice but at Christmas we'd have it in syrup with just a drizzle of evaporated milk. :drool:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
1699375339966.png

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
cheese board, but its a bit much to call this a pudding - its an hour-long affair to be undertaken when its a bit later at night, approx 9pm, and with a big old glass of port. Sweet things will feature on this cheese board - there'll be grapes, perhaps an eccles cake or two, maybe even a sliver or two of christmas cake (with a mature cheddar, WOOF) and will feature at least four cheeses, and a range of crackers.
it'll then be crowned by a delightful speyside. Tamdhu 15 this year, i believe, and some really good dark chocolate. Classic pairing, dark choc and a good whisky

This is so the right answer. Although some of the details might vary.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

2pm is the aim, but it always ends up later.

Last couple of years I’m the last one standing who fancies tea early evening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here