Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Christian Streich

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
While Knutsen is my top choice, I think Streich could be a shrewd hire as well. A bit older than others we have been linked too at 57 years of age, but runs a 3-4-3 system mainly and gets the best out of players who are a bit under the radar as some of ours are. Has been tremendous for a somewhat small club like Freiburg, and I think could fit in nicely here. Only hitch I see is that he has been at Freiburg for a long time now, so not sure what it would really take for him to go somewhere else.

Thoughts?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
A lovely man and great suggestion but I just don't see him leaving Freiburg as he's been in the club on and off for 40 years. Also don't think he speaks a word English.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
A lovely man and great suggestion but I just don't see him leaving Freiburg as he's been in the club on and off for 40 years. Also don't think he speaks a word English.

40 years? I thought there was no such thing as loyalty?

Can't see it if he's been there that long and at his age.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
40 years? I thought there was no such thing as loyalty?

Can't see it if he's been there that long and at his age.

I mean if Bayern called, he might go...

He is known for being very political however, often speaking in great lengths about politics in his press conferences. Big clubs wouldn't dare hiring him.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’m sorry, those 3 words are the full extent of my grasp of the German language.

Who needs words in a german bar anyway?

F1E780EF-C75E-4BD2-A7C4-7E00E5E92149.png

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I'd rather go for Urs Fischer if we were recruiting from the Bundesliga personally, but have a feeling we'll be looking to recruit a younger manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here