Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chris Garland

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I remember when he managed to get the referee not to count a Chelsea goal, because the ball had entered the net via a hole in the side netting. Nothing but respect for the guy. Every week we see players cheating to get decisions to go their way, yet his honesty got one of his team's goals discounted.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not an attempted thread derail, but anyone else remember being taught chemistry by Chris Garland at HGSB? He was better as a gym teacher. I hope it worked out for him. He was a former pupil with a very good degree, and I guess he just wanted to live by the sea.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Not an attempted thread derail, but anyone else remember being taught chemistry by Chris Garland at HGSB? He was better as a gym teacher. I hope it worked out for him. He was a former pupil with a very good degree, and I guess he just wanted to live by the sea.

Wasn’t that Jeff Garland?

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast

Wasn’t there a PE Teacher called Jeff Garland? Left about ‘75.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wasn’t there a PE Teacher called Jeff Garland? Left about ‘75.
It's the same bloke. I was being a little naughty with that post, with respect to a different 'conversation' last night, and the value of first class honours degrees.....

Hope life is treating you well :thumbsup:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Reading the Wikipedia profile, it’s the gambling addiction issue that hits home, yet years later despite lip service from various quarters top level sport is so reliant on the gambling companies.

I know the shirt sponsorship issue is being addressed but that’s merely the tip of the iceberg.
The shirt sponsorship is nonsense, it’s like the rank pictures on cig packets if you going to smoke you will smoke.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
It's the same bloke. I was being a little naughty with that post, with respect to a different 'conversation' last night, and the value of first class honours degrees.....

Hope life is treating you well :thumbsup:
Ah, gotcha. Tangled webs and all that by the sounds of it. I imagine most of the masters are spinning in a grave somewhere.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
In the 50’s there was a history teacher Ken Garland. He was one of the best .

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
In the 50’s there was a history teacher Ken Garland. He was one of the best .
This is getting complicated...so HGSB is Hastings Grammar??
I was at Hove Grammar about 1965 to 1972, and we had a Ken Garland teaching Chemistry for some years 🤔🤔...anyone know if that was the same chap?
Sorry, thread derail catastrophe 🤦‍♂️

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
This is getting complicated...so HGSB is Hastings Grammar??
I was at Hove Grammar about 1965 to 1972, and we had a Ken Garland teaching Chemistry for some years 🤔🤔...anyone know if that was the same chap?
Sorry, thread derail catastrophe 🤦‍♂️
Hove County Grammar School for boys was my school. There 1953 to 1958.
I have no idea if the two Ken Garlands are the same.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Heart and Soul

Jul 7, 2023
The shirt sponsorship is nonsense, it’s like the rank pictures on cig packets if you going to smoke you will smoke.

Attachments

• smokers.jpg
    smokers.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 24

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here