Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
What was he sent to watch? it clearly wasn't a handball, when he gave the box signal after watching I thought he gave a penalty and was thinking what a crock of shit, even though it meant we had a penalty, so what was he sent to watch? and what did VAR overturn?

Edit, just seen clarification above, still should have given the corner.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
What was he sent to watch? it clearly wasn't a handball, when he gave the box signal after watching I thought he gave a penalty and was thinking what a crock of shit, even though it meant we had a penalty, so what was he sent to watch? and what did VAR overturn?
He gave the penalty apparently. That’s why he was sent to look at it.

The Optimist

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
As the game stopped at the awarding of the pen. It restarts with a drop ball
Didn’t see the incident properly. Did the ref award a penalty and then VAR overturn it? If so, did the ref really award the penalty quickly enough that the ball hadn’t gone out for a corner by the time he blew his whistle?

If the above is how it happened, I get that the rules have been followed properly but still it seems massively unfair to not get the corner.

Acker79

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He didn't award a penalty.

I listened on the radio and Warren said he gave it.

If it wasn't given, there was no reason for him to go to the monitor to review it and say it's not a penalty.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Apparently what happened is Pawson gave the penalty in play. VAR sent him to the screen to check his decision, so then he didn’t give it, which is why it was a drop ball. A complete shambles all round

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Well done PGMOL. AGAIN. Corrupt fucks.

It wasn't a penalty, but to not give us a corner and take away our last chance?
According to the commentator here in Norway, that’s the rule!
If the decision is overturned in that situation the defending team gets an indirect free kick.

Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills