Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

peterward

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 11, 2009
In a way that sums it up. It was debatable so they should have gone with the onfield decision and not got involved. As they would have done if it was Thiago Silva outmuscling Adingra.
You can bet your house that 2-1 Chelsea last 5 mins and identical with Silva and Adingra and no review

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
It's proven. They can't.

The speed the ball travels at and the speed to see and react from keeper, the taker will always score if its in corner and they wait. Basically keepr has 3 choices, left right or middle. Waiting to see isn't possible
How often does it hit the corner of the net ? If it does it's unsaveable anyway Plenty are saveable

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
If the VARtards have to refer onfield ref to the screen, it's not a clear and obvious error in the penalty decision

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think players are ripe for slagging off if said poster seems it appropriate.... it's all about opinions.
So do you think that posting: 'Fair point, but I don’t have room for Buonanotte in my 11 either. Not because of his playing style, but mainly because he’s shite' more than half an hour BEFORE kick off is 'appropriate'?

How is that in anyway helpful to the matchday thread?

Last edited:

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
So do youl think that posting: 'Fair point, but I don’t have room for Buonanotte in my 11 either. Not because of his playing style, but mainly because he’s shite' more than half an hour BEFORE kick off is 'appropriate'?

How is that in anyway helpful to the matchday thread?
Are you still going on?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
Apr 5, 2014
I think it was 50-50 but the kind of one that VAR has tended to leave to the match day ref. That we found an activist VAR guy today is a sickener. Pawson knew it was 50-50 with his limp hand actions but he isn’t going to overturn the VAR recommendation once it’s made
This is it. They don't go against Stockley. It should never have got that far.

WhingForPresident

Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Ah well, move on from this one. We've not played well, injuries and suspensions have crippled us, the players clearly didn't have enough in the tank to get a result today and the usual crap set piece defending and bullshit VAR hasn't helped. At least we didn't get hammered.

Onto (hopefully) three points against Burnley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills