Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chelsea job turned down

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
So basically he agreed and then Red Bull said "we'll pay you whatever they're going to pay you".

Waving wonga always works...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So basically he agreed and then Red Bull said "we'll pay you whatever they're going to pay you".

Waving wonga always works...

You may be right, do you have a link or are you guessing?

Hard to believe that any European club other than Barca, PSG and Madrid can pay Chelsea wages

I'm going to stick with my romantic notion that his club made it clear they really wanted him to stay so he did (until proven otherwise :smile:)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Hard to believe that any European club other than Barca, PSG and Madrid can pay Chelsea wages

I'm going to stick with my romantic notion that his club made it clear they really wanted him to stay so he did (until proven otherwise :smile:)

The sentence "both parties were ready to sign contracts this week on a five-year deal but then it collapsed because Red Bull group bosses wanted to keep Freund as an important part of their project" indicates it, but what do I know... maybe they convinced him through reminding him on the very first time he drank a Red Bull in the sunset.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Salzburg managing director Stephan Reiter said "Of course, he informed me about Chelsea's interest in him and we exchanged ideas on a personal level and in good conversations."

I love that quote.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Refreshing to see someone in football with principals, well done Mr Freund. I hope you get a nice pay rise.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Salzburg managing director Stephan Reiter said "Of course, he informed me about Chelsea's interest in him and we exchanged ideas on a personal level and in good conversations."

I love that quote.

This should form the basis of a quote competition.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Refreshing to see someone in football with principals, well done Mr Freund. I hope you get a nice pay rise.

You are aware that Red Bull CEO and funder Dietrich Mateschitz is a man who, among other things, have funded pro-Putin magazines, sacked directors for being "woke", invited nazis to his TV channel etc?

Principles my arse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here