Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chelsea end of ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not a fan of Chelsea or their fans but I'd rather see them win than the entitled spanish giants who remain one of the principle architects of a super league that was not based on sporting achievement on the pitch.
There's no right answer here. I'd happily see one team lose and the other team be thrown out for simply being c##ts. Either way round suits me.

But since that isn't happening, I'll take the pleasing scene of Chelsea being handed their arses on a plate at home.

"We know what we are". You've got about one more match to belt that one out to, and then it's the slow descent back to being the crappy little team you always used to be, supported by racist little Englanders from places like Morden and Worcester Park.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yes, they're also a foreign-owned company, with mostly foreign playing staff, which happens to be based in England....playing in tournament for teams, not nations.

Exactly. They're 'English' inasmuch as they play their home matches in London - but that's as far as it goes. They've got a foreign manager and the vast majority of the players winning glory (or not) for 'England' are foreign. They've also, currently, got a foreign owner who is inextricably linked to the atrocities in Ukraine, but without whom they'd be nothing. To make it worse English people, the Chelsea fans, don't seem to think there is anything wrong with this!

However, ok, at a push I'll accept blinkered, uncaring Chelsea fans turning a blind eye and supporting their club regardless - but how any neutral, English or otherwise, can hope they win so much as an egg and spoon race until Abramovich is gone is beyond me.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Yes, they're also a foreign-owned company, with mostly foreign playing staff, which happens to be based in England....playing in tournament for teams, not nations.

As are most of the teams in the Premier League.

Regardless, I would still prefer to see a foreign-owned company, with mostly foreign playing staff, which happens to be based in England win as opposed to a foreign company, with mostly foreign playing staff, which happens to be based in Spain win.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Exactly. They're 'English' inasmuch as they play their home matches in London - but that's as far as it goes. They've got a foreign manager and the vast majority of the players winning glory (or not) for 'England' are foreign. They've also, currently, got a foreign owner who is inextricably linked to the atrocities in Ukraine, but without whom they'd be nothing. To make it worse English people, the Chelsea fans, don't seem to think there is anything wrong with this!

However, ok, at a push I'll accept blinkered, uncaring Chelsea fans turning a blind eye and supporting their club regardless - but how any neutral, English or otherwise, can hope they win so much as an egg and spoon race until Abramovich is gone is beyond me.

Wow, that's a bit of a leap! Seems you're trying to suggest that anyone that would prefer to see Chelsea beat Real is a supporter of Abramovich and therefore a supporter of the 'special operation' in Ukraine!!! You also make a massive assumption by saying 'the' Chelsea fans rather than 'some' Chelsea fans. Yes, some of their fans are racist scum and don't give a shit about what's happening in Ukraine if it means losing the golden goose but that's not all of them.

Abramovich's link with Chelsea is no more. The club are being sold and he'll get none of the money. Hopefully, when Ukraine prevail, he, along with his cronies and Putin, will get their comeuppance for waging war. As for Chelsea, they may be bought by a syndicate of brits or Americans, who knows at this stage.

That said, they are a shit club but from my point of view, their stench is slightly more palatable than that of Perez and his Real Madrid! That's my opinion and others will disagree.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
There's no right answer here. I'd happily see one team lose and the other team be thrown out for simply being c##ts. Either way round suits me.

But since that isn't happening, I'll take the pleasing scene of Chelsea being handed their arses on a plate at home.

"We know what we are". You've got about one more match to belt that one out to, and then it's the slow descent back to being the crappy little team you always used to be, supported by racist little Englanders from places like Morden and Worcester Park.

:clap2:

I sense first-hand experience here. Work colleagues past or present perhaps? Couldn't agree more BTW

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Wow, that's a bit of a leap! Seems you're trying to suggest that anyone that would prefer to see Chelsea beat Real is a supporter of Abramovich and therefore a supporter of the 'special operation' in Ukraine!!! You also make a massive assumption by saying 'the' Chelsea fans rather than 'some' Chelsea fans. Yes, some of their fans are racist scum and don't give a shit about what's happening in Ukraine if it means losing the golden goose but that's not all of them.

Abramovich's link with Chelsea is no more. The club are being sold and he'll get none of the money. Hopefully, when Ukraine prevail, he, along with his cronies and Putin, will get their comeuppance for waging war. As for Chelsea, they may be bought by a syndicate of brits or Americans, who knows at this stage.

That said, they are a shit club but from my point of view, their stench is slightly more palatable than that of Perez and his Real Madrid! That's my opinion and others will disagree.

No, I said that Chelsea fans are turning blind eyes (with banners saying 'Roman Empire'). There's a world of difference between saying "Roman's alright really, he did a lot for us" and saying "I support Putin's invasion of Ukraine". And Abramovich hasn't gone. Even if he's physically not around the mere fact Chelsea are in the Champions' League is proof of his work and influence. So yeah, wanting the current Chelsea set-up to win is supporting the work of a Putin crony.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Three sponsorship.
All the huge publicity when they took their name (number) off the Chelsea shirts. But how long did it last? I cant find a game where they didn't have the logo on the shirt.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Unfortunately extra time in midweek, away from home, is hardly the best preparation for an FA Cup semi final at the weekend.

I fear Palace are as good as booked into the final.
What a lucky draw they've had this season.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Unfortunately extra time in midweek, away from home, is hardly the best preparation for an FA Cup semi final at the weekend.

But the cup is now the only remaining trophy Chelsea can win this season!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
But the cup is now the only remaining trophy Chelsea can win this season!
Yes. And in light of my earlier posts obviously I'm going to have to support Palace. So here we go ...
"Come on, P ......"
Nope, try again...
"Come on, Pa ... ....."
Egghhhh
"Come on, Pa ......."

Ah **** it. "Come on Chelsea!"

#moralambiguity

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Their best player can't play as he belongs to Chelsea.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I for one hope Chelsea get absolutely battered. In the final.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here