Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea before and after we stuffed them

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He seems to like having Mudryk out wide left, but it's going to take time for him to knit (or others with him)
I wonder if, in an ideal world, he’d like to bin all the Prima Donnas and just play the youngsters along with a couple of more experienced players like James and Chilwell? He needs players who buy into Potterball, not convinced the Chelsea stars do.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I wonder if, in an ideal world, he’d like to bin all the Prima Donnas and just play the youngsters along with a couple of more experienced players like James and Chilwell? He needs players who buy into Potterball, not convinced the Chelsea stars do.
I think he would, yes, take a risk of an even worse PL year (maybe not) and drive for improvement next year.
But I can't see it happening: with the squad he's been handed there could be vast amounts of tinkering until the season's end (if he remains).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think he would, yes, take a risk of an even worse PL year (maybe not) and drive for improvement next year.
But I can't see it happening: with the squad he's been handed there could be vast amounts of tinkering until the season's end (if he remains).
So as all of us said when he jumped ship, he made a really shit decision, I guess the monthly wage cheque is compensation enough

Unless money is all he cares about, it was a little thick of him to go to Chelsea

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Fancy teams allowing Chelsea possession because they’re not scared of what they really offer up front.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
In that first 6 weren’t there some cup games against clubs that hadn’t spent a £b on players over recent years? I.E. no great achievement.
One League Cup game and a few CL games as the PL schedule was being shredded at that point because of the Queen

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yeah they were shite and has been in most of the games. Not even playing well, which is bit of a first for a GP managed team. I think GPs £500k Östersund side anno 2016 would have a good chance of beating his £500m Chelsea side. Quite remarkable really.

Not to mention the 100s of Steven Gerrards and Frank Lampards doing f*** all over the years.

It is quite remarkable that in 30 years of Premier League not one English manager has won the league.. in England. Something is fundamentally wrong when that is the case.
Christ.

Yeah, but.....

Er....

Christ.

:facepalm:

Edit: Mrs T says we are looking to deeply at a non-problem. 🙄

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Christ.

Yeah, but.....

Er....

Christ.

:facepalm:

Edit: Mrs T says we are looking to deeply at a non-problem. 🙄
A British manager has won the Prem 14 times. An Englishman won it 91/92 the year before it became the Premier League. I'm British first, English second. I don't see a problem that an Englishman hasn't won it, when it's Fergie that dominated for so long.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here